Author Topic: Yet another newbie query  (Read 12717 times)

LtlWilli

Yet another newbie query
« on: January 17, 2007, 10:58:06 AM »
Hi,
 I downloaded icechat5 last night, and need some guidance in getting to where I'd like to chat...I am a new chat moderator on surplusrifleschat.com, and really need the IP tracking options. It is the only room I utilize at the moment. Currently , I am going thru Java ,and see a PJirc logo in the background of the page that loads. I have all the mod controls except for the WHOIS feature....Can you guide me thru logging in , and going to the site, with all the moderator controls?...Any help will be greatly apprciated.
Thanks,
LtlWilli  :?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Yet another newbie query
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:23:54 AM »
1st, you should get IceChat 7, it is the latest version.

IceChat logs all channels, queries, etc by default.

If you want to automatically logon to the server, you will need the server name, and the channel name.
Then its just a matter of clicking on the "Add" button on the Favorite Server List, and inputting your information.

If you need to AUTH to services and such, this is so different between Networks, you will need to ask in a help channel on the server you are on, to get the command(s).
Then its just a matter of adding that command to the AutoPerform section for your server, and your set.

The IceChat God

LtlWilli

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »
Thank you so much!...One other thing---will I have to download it  from the icechat5 site, so that my name and password will be viable?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 12:08:49 PM »
Just click on the IceChat Logo at the top of the forums, this takes you to the main IceChat site.
Go to downloads, and then IceChat 7, and just grab IceChat 7.10.

And away you go then :)
The IceChat God