Author Topic: Requesting "!seen" script  (Read 33585 times)

Morio

• Global Moderator
Re: Requesting "!seen" script
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 05:57:50 AM »
Manyman: Basically the whole ONTEXT sub is used for the message. There is three possible messages, and you should be able to figure out which is which.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 02:51:39 PM »
You also have to remember that ONTEXT does not fire when you type something, only when someone else does.
The IceChat God

pokereyes

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2011, 09:19:37 AM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong place I am new to this, so please don't shoot me :-D

I have downloaded the latest !seen script for icechat that can be found here but I would like to edit it so that it will search all the channels I am connected to and return something like the following:

Nick is on #channel #channels at the moment
Nick was last seen leaving #channel (should be any of the channels my bot is connected to and not just the channel !seen is run in)

So in short I would like to edit it to do cross channel search and response's is this possible and could someone give me a kick start with what sort of additions would be needed.

Thanks...

Morio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »
Due to the way the script stores the data, it would be easy to see on which channels a nick is (and in fact the script does exactly that on certain occasions)

Just search for the nickname in the network.ini (for example QuakeNet.ini) file in the "scripts\seen" folder, and you will get a list of all the channels that nick is on, on that network
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

pokereyes

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2011, 03:23:39 AM »
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and yes I had seen that folder in the seen folder but being a total newbie to bot making could you please tewll me how I can incorperate that into my script so that it always searches that folder as I am trying to edit it at the moment to add a !where but it doesn't work at all for me. so basically you will run !seen in a channel and you get the response never seen or left at blaa blaaa blaaa then you can run a !where and it will respond nick can be found at or was last seen leaving etc...

Thank...

Morio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 05:05:28 AM »
This line will get the list of the channels a nickname is on and store it in a variable named "Channels" (Keep in mind that you need to put the nick you are looking for into the variable "Nickname" first.

Code: [Select]
Channels = getinifile(SeenDirectory & NW & ".ini","nicknames","online:" & Nickname,"")
Keep in mind that the ini file only tracks nicknames that are online, it doesn't store the information in the same way after they have left a channel. That information is stored in separate files for each channel. You could make it search through the files for every channel that you are on, but it might be quite slow

pokereyes

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »
 :-D I have got it working exactly as I want it thank you for all the help  :-D

Muttley9

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
I keep getting an "database mismatch, run the /scan command to fix the problem" error in console.
I have added the line '/scan:/! scan $1' to the aliases
I have also added aliases for each of the three channels I frequent as follows:
'/sb /scan #channel' etc.
After logging in, I run /scan from the console. I then run each channel; I realize I can group them :)
Any solutions to this issue?
Also one channel I frequent has MANY Guest1234 joins and parts; is there a way to filter these out?
Many thanks  :-D