Author Topic: Cannot connect to servers in Vista  (Read 4635 times)

webwarp

Cannot connect to servers in Vista
« on: November 17, 2006, 09:01:32 AM »
Hi, when clicking to connect a server simply nothing happens ?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Cannot connect to servers in Vista
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:20:32 AM »
Your are getting errors in the @Error window most likely.
Seems others have problems with Vista as well, because a file is not getting properly registered on install.
The file is mswinsck.ocx and it should be version 6.0.89.88
It works for some people on vista, not on others. I guess some people just figured out how to make it work.
I do not have Vista to test it on.
The IceChat God

DanielBak

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 11:39:34 AM »
Hi Snerf now i cant get to the chat and bother you i have to write here now i run Vista to and i have the same problem but how does you get the file regged in Windows Vista??? you meantioned it in another treath.

Regards Daniel Bak

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 01:21:57 PM »
Hi Snerf now i cant get to the chat and bother you i have to write here now i run Vista to and i have the same problem but how does you get the file regged in Windows Vista??? you meantioned it in another treath.

Regards Daniel Bak

In Icechat, click Help, Debug Items, Check DLL Versions.

you should get a message like this:

--> C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswinsck.ocx version: 6.0.89.88 : Installer Version is: 6.0.89.88
--> C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscomctl.ocx version = 6.1.97.82 : Installer Version is: 6.1.97.86
--> C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscript.ocx version = 1.0.0.8820 : Installer Version is: 1.0.0.4615
--> C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvbvm60.dll version = 6.0.97.82 : Installer Version is: 6.0.97.82
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 02:22:01 AM »
I have not tested IceChat in Windows Vista, so I can not guarentee myself that it works. I have been told by others it does. But there is an obvious problem with the mswinsck.ocx file. To register a file, its "regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx" in other versions of Windows, no idea about Vista. But the installer should take care of this. Also, IceChat, upon initial startup, creates a Registry Key. If this registry key is not or can not be created, it will also spit out that error. Currently, there is no fix for this, and I do not see one becoming available. So Vista support may simply not work for some. The Registry Key is in HKLM under "Software\CLASSES\Licenses\2c49f800-c2dd-11cf-9ad6-0080c7e7b78d".
The IceChat God