Author Topic: My bug report  (Read 12412 times)

FridayChild

My bug report
« on: October 23, 2006, 02:50:34 AM »
1) every time I open a connection to the Azzurranet IRC network (I usually log on to cheapnet.azzurra.org on port 6669, and I have enabled the AUTOPERFORM section to automatically provide my credentials since I have a registered account on Azzurranet) the connection does succeed (and I am authenticated by the server, so the AUTOPERFORM works), but the main window shows this error:
->> ERROR:clsServer:Function:ParseData:0:7:cheapnet.azzurra.org 004[my username on azzurra] cheapnet.azzurra.org bahamut(enterprise)-1.4(34)-azzurra(4.6)-ssl(1.1)oOiwscrknfydaAbghexzSjFI bhijklmMnoOprRstvcdSuU  Error Number:9 : Subscript out of range

2) sometimes, when I highlight some text to copy it, the text stays highlighted (instead of returning to normal, mIRC-style), an error window appears and the text is not copied into the buffer. The error message is basically related to not being able to insert the text into the clipboard. This does not happen every time, so I can't provide the exact error message right now; I will add to this thread the next time this happens.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:49:47 AM by FridayChild »
mIRC is boring

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: My bug report
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:53:33 AM »
I will check out error number 1, looks like an easy fix.

As for error number 2, I will wait for a reply on your part, to get the error details.

Thanks
The IceChat God

FridayChild

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 04:16:35 AM »
I forgot to add a third bug; it just happened so I was reminded.  :wink:
I have set up Icechat to minimize to tray, and sometimes when I restore it (without quitting) I find that the side panels have disappeared. When this happens, I have to unselect Show Left/Right panel under the View menu (I find these voices ticked even though the panels are not visible) and then select them again.
mIRC is boring

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:45:10 AM »
Yes, I am pretty sure I have already found the problem with the panels disappearing.
If you want to test out the solution I have, visit the #icechat support channel, and ask for a temp build from me, to try out the fix.

Thanks
The IceChat God

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 11:19:59 AM »
Well, heck, why not just grab the update at www.icechat.net/beta/icechat701.zip , and you can try out the fix yourself.

Lemme know how it works out for you.
The IceChat God

FridayChild

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 03:03:31 AM »
Indeed I tried to get in contact with you through the IRC channel, but had no luck finding you online.
I will grab the beta and let you know, or better yet (since this is an intermittent bug) no news from me = good news.  :wink:
mIRC is boring

Kassarah

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 06:24:27 AM »
As I was having problems with the disappearing panels as well, I downloaded the beta and installed. No more disappearing lists, but it defaults to emoticons disabled and I am unable to change that setting.

Nice to see the panels stay in place  :-)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 07:44:46 AM »
If your emoticons are disabled, this means you unzipped the file into the wrong folder. It needs to be placed in the Program Files\IceChat7 folder, because this is where the Emoticons Folder exists, for IceChat to add them into the program. If there is no Emoticons folder where you placed the IceChat7.exe, no emoticons.
The IceChat God

Kassarah

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 10:49:52 AM »
Well... no wonder they don't work ...  :oops:  thanks lol

FridayChild

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 03:56:50 AM »
I had the clipboard error again.
I had just successfully selected (thus put into the clipboard) and pasted some text; then I selected some other text and a new window appeared with this error text:
"[12.53.38]  ->> ERROR:ucTextBox:130:Function:UserControl_MouseUp Error Number:521 : Can't open Clipboard"
mIRC is boring

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 08:28:54 AM »
Seems your clipboard is unaccessable or something.
Doesn't make much sense, but I will check it out.
The IceChat God

FridayChild

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 04:44:04 AM »
I have set up Icechat to minimize to tray, and sometimes when I restore it (without quitting) I find that the side panels have disappeared. When this happens, I have to unselect Show Left/Right panel under the View menu (I find these voices ticked even though the panels are not visible) and then select them again.
Today this happened again, after a long time. I am now using v7_10 non-beta. Quitting IceChat & reopening it fixed it.
mIRC is boring

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 05:17:35 PM »
Today this happened again, after a long time. I am now using v7_10 non-beta. Quitting IceChat & reopening it fixed it.

I also have this problem, it seems to happen because I have minimize to try selected, and remember window positions, so when I start Icechat it automatically minimizes. I found you don't have to restart Icechat though, just click 'View' then click 'Show ____ (right or left) Panel'. Now it should still not be there, because it is told not to load. do this one more time and it will pop back up.
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

FridayChild

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »
Roger that; my point was that the settings are not altered, so restarting IceChat has the effect of restoring the side bars.
mIRC is boring

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
I will see if I can replicate the problem myself.
And gosh darn, I thought I had the problem fixed :)

Thanks
The IceChat God