Author Topic: DCC, XDCC, and fservers  (Read 9995 times)

Xasth

DCC, XDCC, and fservers
« on: June 24, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »
Hello oeveryone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good tutorial on downloading off irc through icechat? I'm having major problems (can't get it to work) and would really appreceate any help. All the walkthroughs I've seen are for mIRC. Please and thanks!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
DCC, XDCC, and fservers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 04:18:01 PM »
Can you be more specific in what you are having problems with?
DCC itself is much to broad to just explain in a single message.
Tell us what problems you are having, "cant get it to work" doesnt say anything to us at all. Please be more specific.
Also, if you are behind a firewall/router of any kind, you will need to go and set that in DCC Options/Firewall Tab.
The IceChat God

keikerr21

Re: DCC, XDCC, and fservers
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:12:55 PM »
I just started using IceChat and the problem I'm having is I'm not receiving any files that people are trying to send me.  I get a message saying someone wants to send me a file but no file downloads.  I have auto accept enabled but its not working.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 08:56:57 PM »
Are you behind a firewall/router of sorts, because that can block it as well.
The IceChat God

stormfront

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 01:07:15 AM »
i have the same problem.  I am behind a linksys wireless router/firewall.  i have dcc ports set from 54000 to 54010 on both my router and the icechat client. the "connect to dcc with router/firewall" feature is on and the correct ip is entered. i can't figure out why it won't work  :cry:

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 03:41:02 AM »
Some routers just dont want to co-operate.
All you can do is experiment with it a bit, and do some testing by trying to start dcc chats with people.
If you want to do some testing, you can try and reach me (Snerf) in the #icechat room.
If I am around, I don't mind helping at all.
The IceChat God