Author Topic: HOW do I actually use the scripts, popups, and aliases ?  (Read 7559 times)

BigJack

HOW do I actually use the scripts, popups, and aliases ?
« on: May 14, 2006, 07:57:58 PM »
I'm new to IceCast.   Is there a general explanation for beginners as how to actually use this stuff ... add a popup, use it, etc.  ??

Just point me in the general directions and I'll figure it out, I hope   :)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: HOW do I actually use the scripts, popups, and aliases ?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »
IceCast?

Wow, if your going to ask questions, at least get the name right. :P

IceChat came with help files, but they are normally completely invisible to people.  :-(
I would suggest reading them first.
The IceChat God

BigJack

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 08:24:04 AM »
Snerf .. sorry bout that.  I was talking to someone about using ShoutCast at the same time I was typing my message here .. and my brain must have shortcircuited !

I've been in the Help files already ... they have a lot of info .. but they also seem to assume that the reader already knows about IRC basics.    .... I'll dig further and ask specific questions as I have them, if that's ok.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:22:42 AM »
No problem, was just giving you a hard time :)

If you do not know the IRC Basics, then I strongy suggest you learn those first, before getting in over your head.
The IceChat God

fbi

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »
Snerf .. sorry bout that.  I was talking to someone about using ShoutCast at the same time I was typing my message here .. and my brain must have shortcircuited !

I've been in the Help files already ... they have a lot of info .. but they also seem to assume that the reader already knows about IRC basics.    .... I'll dig further and ask specific questions as I have them, if that's ok.
well m8 give me a shout i am writing popup scripts for ver 7 now,got one already to go but nowhere to up it to :(

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 07:15:13 PM »
You need to get an account on the main website, and then upload them. (Using Add Download)
The IceChat God

Stormy

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 12:12:12 PM »
  :? OK, here's the problem I'm having, hopefully we can get it ironed out. :?
I opened the popup editor, and pasted in my popups that I use to aid newbies in downoading, registering nicks, channels, you get the idea. I always used $snick in pirch, and $$1 in mirc so I first copied all my popups to Notepad, then replaced $snick and $$1 wirh $nick etc, point is, they keep telling me that $nick is not recognized, or that it is an unknown command so i went one step further, I typed a popup out, using the rainbow trout one, copied it exactly, still get the same error.
Is there some way i can work around this or is it a setting I have not yet discovered? I'd love to continue using this, but If I can't make my own popups it's useless to me.
Thanks
Also, I am no newbie to irc, I've been using irc programs for 12 years, I'm an admin on two networks.
I just downloaded and installed icechat 7, having heard of it from a new member on one of the nets I use.
I installed and connected, joy, joy, joy. Absolutely blew me away, as I am accustomed to using wither Pirch or Mirc.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 01:33:30 PM by Stormy »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 04:52:05 PM »
For the NickName popup menu, IceChat uses $1 for the nickname. I am pretty sure that $nick works as well (in IceChat 7) tho.
There is also the $host identifier for the nickname popups.

The IceChat God

Stormy

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 09:23:30 AM »
OK, what I found out was that I had a corrupted download from Ice home page, uninstalled, then got a new one from softpedia and it works fine now, thanks for your help, snerf  :-D