Author Topic: feature requests  (Read 8169 times)

gt3

feature requests
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:13:46 PM »
  1) it would be great if icechat had a way to notify you when someone enters a specified string (like mirc's "highlight" feature)

2) would be nice if the input box text buffer would be unique for every window (instead of showing you what ever you've currently typed in it in all windows)

3) an option to disable viewing the "color picker"/"emoticon list" by the input box.

4) those first 3 are most important to me. another cool thing would be to have a 'channel monitor' like HydraIRC has.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: feature requests
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 09:08:51 PM »
Hello

Thanks for the requests. IceChat 5 is no longer in development, as IceChat 7 is now in the works, but thats ok.

1) Highlighting is already implemented, in Options

2) IceChat is a single input/edit box client, unlike others, and is a core feature, and will not change

3) You can disable these items in Display Settings

4) A Channel Monitor can be scripted in IceChat 7

The IceChat God

gt3

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 10:58:20 PM »
I'm sorry, i am using icechat 7 and i don't see the text highlight option or the option to disable showing the emoticons/colors icons by the input box, i've looked everywhere in the options and i've made a screenshot:

maybe i'm just tired and didn't notice it.. or maybe my icechat is messed up somehow?

thanks

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 11:08:30 PM »
Open Color Options to get Text Highlighting.

As for making those 2 little buttons to disappear, download the latest version (20060501) and go to display settings.
The IceChat God

gt3

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 11:16:47 PM »
ah ok, thanks! you rock. now icechat is officially my favorite irc client. Took years for something to be better than mirc, and best of all this is  true freeware unlike mirc.  HydraIRC was ok but they stopped development on it and it has nothing on icechat anyway. And Xchat used to be freeware but they started making the windows version shareware for some reason =/ Anyway,  keep up the great work :)

gt3

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 11:28:57 PM »
one more question before i update to the very latest build of icechat.. is there a way to import my custom color theme so i don't have to redo it everytime i install icechat?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 07:42:26 AM »
Dont download the full install, just grab the update from the web site instead.
The IceChat updater is next on my list of updates, so in the next Beta Version, it will handle this much easier.
The IceChat God

gt3

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 05:32:17 PM »
thanks, worked.

/clear doesn't seem to work in the latest beta

also, what's the keyboard shortcut to switch between the tabs in the favorite's panel? might be a good idea to make it so people can do custom hotkeys and also have a 'keyboard shortcuts' reference in the help menu.

thanks

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 06:29:47 PM »
Thanks about the /clear command, no idea what happened there :) It does clear the window, but it doesnt update until
you switch it.

As for switching tabs in the favorites panel, I am assuming you mean the channel bar.
CTRL-PGUP and CTRL-PGDN moves through the tabs. Also CTRl-# works to pick any tab with numbers 0-9, 0 being the console.
The IceChat God

gt3

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 06:48:55 PM »
by 'favorites panel' i mean the window on the left that houses the buddylist, favorite channels, and favorite servers. is there keyboard shortcuts for that?

also the that panel and the nicklist panel no longer have that minimize option? i loved that thing is it coming back?

gt3

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »
oh i see, they still minimize if you click where the minimize button used to be

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 07:07:05 PM »
Ah, I see now.
There are no keyboard shortcuts for those panels.
I changed the button for the way to minimize to a Pin, but I guess it does not show on your system.
I was going to change the button back anyways, I don't really like the pin :)
The IceChat God

gt3

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »
another possibly cool feature would be when you hover your cursor over a hyperlink to have a tooltip popup to tell you the real url or the title of the html page (that way if it's a tinyurl or something you wont have to click on it to find out what the page is about)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 09:30:24 PM »
Well, that is a neat feature, but that would be too much work for what its worth.

In the mean time, I did create some keyboard shortcuts for the Panels.
They are noted in the changes log for the next build.
The IceChat God

gt3

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 10:44:45 PM »
yeah and it's not that important a feature , i just get carried away... icechat has all the main important features now so it's perfect :) great job

* gt3 finally kisses mirc goodbye for good once and for all. no more having to see the authors lame pic in the popup registration and the registration web popup anymore woohooo