Author Topic: Alias  (Read 4696 times)

RobertRiveno

Alias
« on: January 13, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »
Ok stupid question but, yeah it has to be asked. I am need a alias that will do "/mode # +b ~q:host-mark", but I need it to do it with me doing "/sban Nick". Is there anyway to do that?

~RR

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Alias
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 07:43:56 PM »
No, there is no way to get the host , by just using the nickname.
If you make it an item from the nicklist popup menu, then $host will be the users full host.
The IceChat God

RobertRiveno

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 08:13:03 PM »
Well i got the nicklist on already.. I am a mod on #mugglenet and they have anywhere from 40-100 members talking at a time and I was just trying to find a faster way to do it.

~RR

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 09:25:31 AM »
Version 5 of IceChat does not have an internal address list. So, you need to do the command from the popup nicklist.
Version 7, on the other hand, does have an internal banlist. So you can use the $ial() identifier and go from there.
The IceChat God

RobertRiveno

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »
I have IceChat 7, yet I do not care for it. 7 seems to be a lot slower and is less organized than ice chat 5 is. So I will be sticking with 5 and just try and learn to script things.

~RR

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 08:55:47 PM »
Well, IceChat 7 is not finished yet, but it is a lot more powerful then IceChat 5, and has a lot better way of handing scripts, and so many other things. But if you are happy with ver5, then just learn the way it handles things.
The IceChat God