Author Topic: Crashing when restoring window/new query  (Read 4234 times)

Dekan

Crashing when restoring window/new query
« on: April 23, 2005, 06:50:44 AM »
Hi!

I have the problem that my IceChat Client is crashing when I have an new query and runs in background. It crashes only, when I restore it (not minimized to tray - I didn't tested it yet)

The error log has the following entry:
23.04.2005 15:37:05:Module: frmMain Function: SizeControls:150:7,666667:0 Error Number:28 : Out of stack space

I hope this may help you to fix this bug.

Let me now if you need more Information.

//edit:
IceChat does NOT crash everytime this scenario is met! It is a 3:1 (crash:no crash) chance.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 09:22:42 AM »
Ah, the notorious Sizecontrols bug, this is usually fixed when the channel.ini file is deleted.

Thanks for the report.
The IceChat God

Yugi

Re: Crashing when restoring window/new query
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »
Quote from: Dekan
Hi!

I have the problem that my IceChat Client is crashing when I have an new query and runs in background. It crashes only, when I restore it (not minimized to tray - I didn't tested it yet)

The error log has the following entry:
23.04.2005 15:37:05:Module: frmMain Function: SizeControls:150:7,666667:0 Error Number:28 : Out of stack space

I hope this may help you to fix this bug.

Let me now if you need more Information.

//edit:
IceChat does NOT crash everytime this scenario is met! It is a 3:1 (crash:no crash) chance.

I had a similar thing, I had the icechat running and  minimized on the taskbar, and when I tried to restore it, it  just closed. The only problem is I didn't get any error log and couldn't prove anything. :)
But I got around that issue, now I am running it in the system tray! :)
Now at least I know the solution about  this thing, thanks Snerf!
IceChat - Cool to the core!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 04:07:17 PM »
IceChat 7 has all these problems removed, they do not occur. So, will have to live with it in the mean time, its just a bug in ver 5 that doesnt seem to be going any time soon :)
The IceChat God