Author Topic: IceChat 5.5 crashing problems  (Read 11759 times)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: IceChat 5.5 crashing problems
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 12:19:19 PM »
Ok, thats a server mode error.
What irc server are you trying to connect to?
Have you tried connecting to a different network, like Quakenet for instance, and what results do you get then?
The IceChat God

sleepr

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 10:01:51 PM »
The only server I really connect to in irc.infidelguy.com, but the problem is not specific to them.  I tried quakenet like you suggested, as well as a few others that came with IceChat default on the server lists.  The moment I connect to any server. 

It hasnít become a problem after our talks because I now know what program I cannot run before connected to a server and how to get around it, but I will still help and dialog if you want to figure it out, it is a bit of an annoyance.  Your call.

So, yes, any server appears to have the same problems.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »
So you need to fully connect to a server, before using any p2p programs?
Seems that the p2p program is interfering with IceChat in some sort of way.

I do not use p2p programs of any sort, so I have no way to test this myself. If you wish to resolve it (I certainly would like to), I would need some extensive help on the matter, for testing and such. If you come to the #icechat channel on Quakenet and see if I am available, it would be a lot easier to speak back and forth for some testing. I can let you test some diagnostic versions of IceChat 7 Alpha, to see what really is causing the problem. Then I can see what really is causing the problem.

Thanks
The IceChat God