Author Topic: Splitting windows? - Shrink Menu? - Tabs?  (Read 2612 times)

Patrik356b

• A mystic person following a mystic path...
Splitting windows? - Shrink Menu? - Tabs?
« on: February 28, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »
Something that would be cool if you have a large monitor, several monitors and/or workspaces would be a way to split the window into multiple windows so you can show several channels and/or queries at the same time

Example:

(Click on it to reach the normally sized picture)

Sure you could launch multiple instances of Icechat to achieve a similar effect.
But it doesn't work well if your connecting to several servers when launching IceChat by auto.

Another thing that might be useful would be a button/option to make the menu smaller, normal look:

One-row Menu enabled:

(I know this image is from a very old version but that doesn't change much)

And lastly: What happend to the tabs in IceChat9? I haven't seen them in RC2 or RC3 so are they removed or what? (Note that i never tried versions below RC2 for IceChat9)

Edit: In my oppinion the old server icons looks better, but it doesn't make much of a difference.
The green "v" and the red "x" that is.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:56:09 PM by Patrik356b »
I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Splitting windows? - Shrink Menu? - Tabs?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »
IceChat 9 no longer has a tab bar, as it seemed redundant having both it and a server tree.
A plugin replacement may be made in the future, as the current one was too buggy and couldn't seem to be fixed.

IceChat is also no longer MDI based but tabbed based, which means the windows are no longer resizable.
The IceChat God

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Splitting windows? - Shrink Menu? - Tabs?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 01:37:01 AM »
You can tile your windows with IceChat 7. No one is forcing you to use Version  9.
The IceChat God