Author Topic: IceChat forgets server and then closes?  (Read 1848 times)

Dae

IceChat forgets server and then closes?
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
When I open IceChat, my server list is blank so I can't connect to anything, although my favorite channel is still listed, and my color scheme still works.  If I hit add new server, the program takes me through the initial setup steps again, and then closes itself after I'm done.  If I try to go through the menu lists instead, it also closes itself.

I've been using IceChat7 for months. This issue cropped up randomly a couple weeks ago, and got worse until I couldn't even open IceChat7. I recently completely uninstalled and reinstalled IceChat7, and it worked great for a whole day, and now again this problem is showing up.  I really love IceChat7... is there any way to fix this?

Thank-you for using IceChat 7.70 20101031
Our website is located at www.icechat.net
Our Forum is at www.icechat.net/forums if you have any questions/suggestions or problems
If you are new to IceChat, please read the Quick Start Guide at www.icechat.net/site/quickstart.php
Please read Changes Log and IceChat7 Readme for information concerning this program. Both are accessable from the Help menu

I'm running Windows 7

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: IceChat forgets server and then closes?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
Can you connect to the server using the /server command?

When you are adding a new server, the program crashes when you are trying to save it?

If anything, go to the Help Menu, Debug Items, Explore IceChat Data Folder.

Close IceChat, and delete the servers.ini file in that folder, and start IceChat again, and try adding a server again.
The IceChat God