Author Topic: i got a couple ???  (Read 4763 times)

lilmama10

i got a couple ???
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
hi there everyone

Im new to the forums here but have a couple ?? for everyone

1. im having a connection problem with ice every time i try to use it it will disconnect me and reconnect me and i see everyone but my words will not go threw! is this a problem with my system or another problem?

2. im a gamer and was curious on if there was a channel bot that i can use on icechat kinda like the n3rd on Mirc that is able to set ops and be able to create games on stuff! if there is can someone please point me to where they are?

i highly appreciate everything and ty for reading my post yall have a great day and hope to be hearing from ya soon!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: i got a couple ???
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »
Are you saying, that once you type a word/sentence, it automatically disconnects you?
When do the actual disconnections happen?
Did it ever work for you, or has it just broken lately?

Channels bots are best handled by proper bots, and not a script that runs in a client.
You can make scripts in IceChat to handle all sorts of those little things like giving ops and such, but no one has posted such a script here.
The IceChat God

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 11:36:03 PM »
Try enabling the "show server lag in console" for each server your on. its in the startup tab for the server editor.
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

lilmama10

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:13:28 PM »
hi there and ty for such quick response

ive tried ice three different times, and yet i have gotten it to work it stays logged on for about 5 mins i usually type about 5 messages and then it disconnects me. i do run KVirc and ran the both of the at the same time to test ice but nothen would go threw. although when using ice i do see what other people say on it with the really kool icons lol

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:49:43 PM »
What error message are you getting when it disconnects?

Also, from the Help Menu, Debug Items, select "Check DLL Versions" and paste the results here.
The IceChat God

lilmama10

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
this is what i have   
[01:26] <mamabear> > D:\WINDOWS\system32\mswinsck.ocx version: 6.0.89.88 : Installer Version is: 6.0.89.88
[01:26] <mamabear> > D:\WINDOWS\system32\mscomctl.ocx version = 6.1.97.86 : Installer Version is: 6.1.97.86
[01:26] <mamabear> > D:\WINDOWS\system32\msscript.ocx version = 1.0.0.16599 : Installer Version is: 1.0.0.4615
[01:26] <mamabear> > D:\WINDOWS\system32\msvbvm60.dll version = 6.0.97.82 : Installer Version is: 6.0.97.82

lilmama10

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 11:38:51 PM »
ok after i posted that it disconnected and then reconnected and now other folks can see what i type so i think after the forth time it finnely works

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
Odd, but well, this is how things go some times.
The IceChat God

mahnoor

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »
hello guys im new to this website.....can u plz tell me details of the forum to how to use it...???????? :?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »
Your using it now. You add a message to the section you need, and voila.

But I think you already knew that, since you added this message.

But you added it to some random message, please just post the questions to the relevant area.

Thanks
The IceChat God