Author Topic: Support for large files (4GB+)?  (Read 2441 times)

colonelfreeze

Support for large files (4GB+)?
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:06:09 AM »
This is probably the wrong section to make this post, but I could find no help section specific to Icechat 7 or Icechat 2009. If you feel that I have posted in the wrong section, please feel free to move my post to the correct section. Thanks!

That said, my question is whether Icechat 7 and Icechat 2009 support large files. By large files, I mean files of sizes 4 GB and up. Many other IRC clients experience strange bugs when they accept large files through DCC. For example, the time to completion might be completely wrong or not displayed at all or even shown as a negative value. In some cases, it is doubtful whether the file is even able to be transferred, even if you ignore all the display bugs.

If not, I will add to the Wishlist here the suggestion to include such support for large files. To my knowledge, the only IRC client I know of right now that supports file sizes larger than 4 GB in DCC transfers is mIRC. However, I cannot say that this is true of Icechat as well, because I haven't been able to try it. Please let me know. Thanks!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Support for large files (4GB+)?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:34:34 AM »
IceChat 7 does not support files larger then 2GB. As for 2009, I can not say yet, as DCC has not yet been programmed into the client.

We will see when we get there.
The IceChat God