Author Topic: Lack of commands in nicklist  (Read 2675 times)

HavoK

Lack of commands in nicklist
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:25:30 PM »
On older versions of IceChat, when you Right click a nickname, you can select from many different options, including different Kick/Ban options, etc... For some reason, mine is not showing any of these. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Was this removed for this version, or do I have a setting wrong?

Here is a screenshot of the window and what i see when I right click.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Lack of commands in nicklist
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:18:48 PM »
Quite simple. When you initially installed IceChat, I am guessing that you had no default servers either?

I am taking a wild guess that you have Windows 7 installed (screen shot shows that). What you need to do is go to the Program Files folder, and then the IceChat folder and run "FirstRun.exe". This will install all your default servers and the popups, aliases, etc. Windows 7 does not allow FirstRun to initially run, when IceChat is installed. Running it manually, will fix it. You do need to close IceChat before doing this.

Also, you will lose any of your server settings you have currently. You can just re-enter them.

By the way, if you had gone to the Front Page of this website and scrolled down a little bit, you would have seen this notice as well, under "Windows 7".
The IceChat God

HavoK

Re: Lack of commands in nicklist
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:14:26 PM »
When I downloaded, and ran the first time, I got an error on FirstRun. I ran it again now, and it worked. Thanks for the help... But I did try to do what it said for Win7 originally...