Author Topic: File Server Script  (Read 3877 times)

ZenArcher50

File Server Script
« on: November 01, 2009, 02:32:46 PM »
First off, Love the client... 2nd i am a newbie to scripting.

I am trying to build a file server script that will gather filenames from a directory, send this list of files to a nick that is requesting it.

example
someone enters @ZenArcher the list of files is sent to that person

I do not want to use the fserve script, i rather just have them get my list and request the specified file. If you can get me started, i'll work on the other stuff associated with this type of script. I've looked thru the forum (every post) and not found something like that

Thank you in advance
ZenArcher50

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: File Server Script
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »
Why don't you look at the fserve script at least, to see how it gathers all the filenames?

Seems rather silly not to, since the information is there.
The IceChat God

ZenArcher50

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:36:52 AM »
I've ripped the fserve script apart (as i did previously) going on 6 hours today and still can not even make it create a .ini file much less have it search and list files.

If there is anyone who is capable of helping a moron figure this out it would be very much appreciated. I also feel this is a script that can be VERY Valuable to MP3 Servers.

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 06:19:13 PM »
Do you have it saved as a .ice file? what error(s) are you getting?
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

ZenArcher50

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 01:06:43 AM »
I screwed what i had up and just deleted it... I tried to follow the fserve.ice script but things got too cryptic and confusing. (my adhd isnt helping either)  I guess if i could find someone to write the basics for what i am trying to accomplish, I could learn and make adjustments as needed. 

That would be very much appreciated
 :oops:

Ruger45

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 03:50:58 AM »
I have tried setting up the server just like I was showed /.!setupfserve qand even went in to the scriptand looked.
All I got was an error like this !setupfserve ;unknown commandtype mismatch line 1.
what have I done wrong??

ZenArcher50

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:23:55 AM »
why did you write that under my post? seems like 2 separate issues....

Morio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »
I have tried setting up the server just like I was showed /.!setupfserve qand even went in to the scriptand looked.
All I got was an error like this !setupfserve ;unknown commandtype mismatch line 1.
what have I done wrong??

I wonder when people are going to start reading the instructions before asking questions like this

I checked and I didn't find a place where it would say that you should type '/.!setupfserve' (Correct me if I'm wrong).

this is the description of the script from this site:

IceServe v1.1 - File Server for IceChat 7.
Only need to load fserve.ics file, and the script takes care of the rest.
'/! SetupFServe' to load the setup for the FileServer. Made a small fix to make this work in IceChat 7.63.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein