Author Topic: DCC Problem  (Read 4968 times)

MadameX

DCC Problem
« on: October 09, 2009, 01:13:16 PM »
Hi

I have IceChat7 after using Mirc for so long its a refreshing change until I tried to use DCC from different channels on the same server at the same time.  :? Flashes up in @Error page Module: clsWinsock:1:False: Function: ParseData Error Number:52 : Bad file name or number. This would keep filling the page until I forced the downloads to stop and restarted IceChat7. Also, the files wont open, although it says completed it is actually only 99% complete with DCC Socket Error [10053] on the Console page and Module: frmDccFiles Function: DccSocket_Receiving Error Number:6 : Overflow at the bottom of @Error page.

Have I done something wrong? Perhaps in the settings :|
Is it easy to fix?  :oops:

Thanks

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: DCC Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
If it is an overflow error, the files could just be too large for IceChat to handle.
The IceChat God

MadameX

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 01:05:09 PM »
So sharing files of 700B is too much for IceChat  :-o

Will this be something that IceChat can achieve in the future, because I really like the idea of the multi tasking freedom of this program but I wish to have sharing in the background.  :-(

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
700 bytes.. oh my no, that file size should be fine.

But IceChat 7 does have some known DCC errors/problems, that are being addressed for the next version of IceChat.
The IceChat God

MadameX

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 08:50:56 AM »
Sorry, typo. 700MB :oops:

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 12:56:35 PM »
Well, that file size should also not be a problem, but I would not suggest using IceChat to transmit files of that size anyways.
The IceChat God