Author Topic: Multi chat windows open memory  (Read 3680 times)

Lauranator

Multi chat windows open memory
« on: June 14, 2009, 10:03:16 AM »
It would be nice if when I have more than one chat window/room open and I have them arranged on my screen a certain way so as to view them all at the same time, if the program could perhaps remember how I have them arranged for the next time I start up IceChat.

This would save me from always having to arrange the chat windows each time I start up the program.

I notice that every once in a while, the current version 7.63 does remember my arrangement when I click the minimize button, but not always.

Thx.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Multi chat windows open memory
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »
Well, considering that the next version of IceChat is going to a tabbed interface, meaning all windows are maxed, this is no longer possible.
The IceChat God

Lauranator

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 01:27:59 PM »
Erm...maybe i'm missing something here, but aren't they already tabbed?  Or are you saying we will no longer be able to minimize and resize them, which would suck.

ElementAlchemist

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »
No, they aren't already tabbed.  There is a bar with a list of windows, though.

Yes, you will not be able to resize the windows in the future.  And it won't really suck, because then everyone will stop complaining because they put the text in the wrong window.  I've always had them maximized and I've never had a problem.  I've switched windows back and forth really fast in it, too.  Not a problem.  At least not for me.  I mean, if you're that lazy that you won't switch windows...