Author Topic: Tampering with Idle Time  (Read 7949 times)

DocBeat

Tampering with Idle Time
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:16:25 PM »
Is there any way to show different time to those who are trying to view the time i'm being idle?

I've heared there is such script for mIRC that's why i am asking if anyone is aware of it and able to make such script.

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
Re: Tampering with Idle Time
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »
I have a script that does this.. I'll cut the irrelevant part out.

Code: [Select]
Dim lastactive
lastactive = now

Function OUTTEXT(OutgoingText)
OUTTEXT = OutgoingText
lastactive = now
End Function

Sub ONTEXT(Message,Channel,Nickname,Host,ServerNumber)
mynick = GetIdentifier("$me",ServerNumber)
if lcase(message)=lcase(mynick) then
  status = True
end if
if status then SendCommand "/msg " & channel & " I have been idle for " & GetDuration(datediff("s",lastactive,now)),ServerNumber
End Sub

If that's what your looking for great, if not post more info and I'll see if I can help you.

edit:
in case its not clear, the script says how long you've been idle for when someone says your nickname. Also you save it as a .ICE file.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:32:16 PM by DarkStar »
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

DocBeat

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »
No i didn't mean this.I don't want the script to send message in the channel nor in private.

I'll use as example the icechat client when you press the 'info' button for some nickname on the list you
get various information : channels where the nickname appears at etc. and also the "idle time".

I'd like a script to fake it.To show wrong idle time to those who want to view how long i've been idle for.
I've heard it's possible and that there is such script for mIRC whether this is true or not i really don't know.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »
This "idle" time is read from the IRC Server, not your client.
It just checks for the last time you had activity with the server, like sending a message, or whatever.
So send a message every now and then, or ping or whatever, and it will just think you are not active.

A very simple way, is to turn on the "Server Lag" feature in the Server Editor, in the Startup section.
It sends a ping every 5 minutes to the server. So your idle time will never be more then 5 minutes.

The IceChat God

DocBeat

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »
Yeah that makes sense - unfortunately it's the exact opposite of what i wanted.I mean it would be nice if i am active and it shows that i have been idle for lets say an hour.I take it that this isn't possible right?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 07:10:09 PM »
Correct, not possible. No script can do that.
The IceChat God

airikita

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
I have a script that does this.. I'll cut the irrelevant part out.

Code: [Select]
Dim lastactive
lastactive = now

Function OUTTEXT(OutgoingText)
OUTTEXT = OutgoingText
lastactive = now
End Function

Sub ONTEXT(Message,Channel,Nickname,Host,ServerNumber)
mynick = GetIdentifier("$me",ServerNumber)
if lcase(message)=lcase(mynick) then
  status = True
end if
if status then SendCommand "/msg " & channel & " I have been idle for " & GetDuration(datediff("s",lastactive,now)),ServerNumber
End Sub

If that's what your looking for great, if not post more info and I'll see if I can help you.

edit:
in case its not clear, the script says how long you've been idle for when someone says your nickname. Also you save it as a .ICE file.

instead of "/msg " & channel & " I have been idle for " then replace it with "/msg <yournamehere> I have been idle for " if you don't want it sent to channel..