Author Topic: Tab autocomplete in console leaves behind garbage  (Read 4207 times)

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
Tab autocomplete in console leaves behind garbage
« on: August 05, 2008, 04:30:55 AM »
In the console if you type part of your name and then hit tab your full name is inserted but the part is not removed. Example:

I type: "/whois Da" then hit tab
What I have: "/whois DaDark`Star"

Edit:
Also this may simply be an oversight because why would nick autocomplete in console be anything other then your nickname, but it is a small annoyance.
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Tab autocomplete in console leaves behind garbage
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:35:30 AM »
Hitting tab in the console automatically fills in your nickname. There is no "auto-complete".
The IceChat God

Hugga

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:08:20 PM »
I recently upgraded from IceChat 5 to 7 and nick completion (by hitting tab) doesn't seem to be working at all for me.  Am I missing a script or something?

--
Marty

Hugga

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »
Nevermind I fixed it, c:\windows\sysWOW64\mscomctl.ocx was an older version than in the installer, but for some reason the installer doesn't want to upgrade it by itself.  I renamed the original file, reinstalled Icechat and the newer file was put in place.  Vista 64-bit BTW :)

--
Marty

Hugga

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 07:42:13 PM »
Another bug in IceChat 7.63 in relation to autocomplete.

When the left panel shows the Favorite Servers or Favorite Channels, using tab to autocomplete nicknames works in a channel or query, but if Buddy List is showing, it does not. 

If the left panel is minimised, the problem does not occur.

This was tested on 2 different systems and reproducable, but was not reproducable in v9 beta so should be fixed in the next release.