Author Topic: What would be cool to add...and my applauds  (Read 4474 times)

Lauranator

What would be cool to add...and my applauds
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:39:57 PM »
In the Nick Colors box, to be able to alphabatize the nick list making it easier to find a nick if you need to change the color.

And, maybe I'm just an old mirc user with this one, but pls make a text entry (where you type in a channel or query) on EACH window, NOT just ONE at the bottom for ALL of them.  Don't know how many times I've typed something meant to go in a query/PM and it went in a channel instead! oooops.  :-o  Have to pay too much attention to which one is lit up or read that status line above the ONE text entry place at the bottom to make sure my words are going where they are supposed to.

That's all I can think of for now.  Other than these annoyances, I love the prog.  I've been a mirc user for years and years and years, then someone suggested I give this a try and I said what the hey and tried it and it has some def advantages over mirc.  Also for those ppl that I'm trying to get away from the blasted Java chat and onto a REAL chat program, Icechat is MUCH easier for them to learn.  They have been most impressed thinking it is going to be some long labor intensive learning process.  Mostly I think because Icechat has more buttons...they catch on quicker, where mirc had more command based events and they had to get with all the right-click menus.  Icechat is layed out with more buttons for the basic stuff and its all out there more for them to see, rather than trying to remember where to right click to see the right menu, etc.

Now I just have to get with the icechat scripting style because I was just starting to get the hang of mirc scripting.  Eh well....how 'bout a conversion program to presto chango mirc scripts into icechat scripts??  yehhhhh :-D

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: What would be cool to add...and my applauds
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 02:06:50 PM »
The ability to sort the nicknames in the Buddy List, Nick Control and Nick Colors section is now possible by simple clicking on the headers in the list. It will sort according to the header you click in each list.

The IceChat God