Author Topic: Need help fleshing out a battle script  (Read 5904 times)

BuncyTheFrog

Need help fleshing out a battle script
« on: December 24, 2007, 05:04:07 AM »
Hey, I'm Buncy; fairly new to the whole scripting thing.  I've made a few scripts so far, and I've got one that I'd like a little help and more experienced opinions on.

Basically, the script is a battle script.  You can create and battle using characters that have stats, levels, and so on.  There's currently one more thing I really want to do before I release the source here for distribution, and that's to let the owner of the bot control the flood protection times I currently have in place on actions.

What I'm most interested in is balance issues.  Can you just pump up your attack stat and ignore everything else, or will becoming massivley fast give you an (really) unfair advantage?  Things like that.  I suppose I'll reveal the formulas here soon enough, since they're gonna be in the source anyway.

If you're at all interested in playing or getting a feel of the script so you can give me some advice, it's over at

Server: irc.nexuswar.com
Channel: #irc_battle

I go by the name Cypher, and my bot's name is CypherBot.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Need help fleshing out a battle script
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »
Hello Buncy

Always nice to find more interested in IceChat Scripting  :-D

So, what is the problem you actually need some help with?
The IceChat God

BuncyTheFrog

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 01:11:58 PM »
Oh, just advice on interactions with the user and formula tweaking.  At the moment, I'm none too active on the IRC channel, because I'm on a laptop on vacation; you might be able to catch me online later in the day (not today, christmas dinner and all that) though.

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »
hey Cypher, glad to hear the script is coming along, and by looking in the channel i see you've fixed the bug that made me stop playing ;)

If you ever wanna chat with me for advice on scripting or mechanics, ect, theres a few of us Icechat scripters (among other scripters) that hang out in #bots, same server.
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.