Author Topic: CNET IceChat Review  (Read 7330 times)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
CNET IceChat Review
« on: April 18, 2007, 08:34:49 PM »
CNET has Finally given IceChat 7 a review, and gave it 4 stars out of 5.
Here is the story on it.

http://www.download.com/IceChat-IRC-Client/3003-2150_4-10587439.html

They say the main issue is the interface is too busy, but all in all, a great client.
I would love to hear comments from others what they think.

Thanks
The IceChat God

Morio

• Global Moderator
Re: CNET IceChat Review
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 07:02:15 AM »
I like it a lot, I used to use irssi, but the functionality of the windows version isn't as good as I'd like it to be, so I started searching for a good client. After a while I found IceChat (there are a lot of really crappy irc clients out there). I've been using IceChat for about 1 years now, and I really like it.

I like the fact that the look of the client is very customizable, you can hide pretty much everything you don't want on the screen.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Dunny

Re: CNET IceChat Review
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:43:45 AM »
Snerf,
 I run an IRC server. I have many IRC chat people who do not know anything about IRC at all. I have recommended this program to all of them as I have learned that it is easy to learn, easily customizable and just generally rocks. They have agreed that it is easy to learn, and will not use another client for a long time (to say the least).  I will not mention the other big IRC client out there (it begins with an m) but this one is hands down the BEST IRC client I have ever had the pleasure of using. I fully endorse it on my server, and I highly recommend if you are an advanced user or beginner this is by far the best IRC out there. I say even advanced users because though the opening screen is "busy" you can customize the "busyness" right out of it if you desire. The main point I would like to make is, that you can be on multiple servers at the same time using only one instance of the program, this saves alot of valuable system resources and is a true tribute to the power of this program.

I WOULD LIKE to see more bot scripts or be able to code in more familiar language as trying to get my mIRC bot to work in ICECHAT has proved difficult (as I am not a coder, I was however able to figure out how the bot worked in mIRC and customize it easily enough). I have used a couple of the scripts that are in the forums here and they work very well and as you intended. I am not an extremely advanced user though I do have an IRC server I learned it as I went and it worked out :P

Please extend to you and your crew a heary well done for creating the easiest to use, learn, and customize IRC client out there today BAR NONE!

Respectfully,

Dunny

Gamers-United.us Founder