Author Topic: $read random files  (Read 3998 times)

trehahn

$read random files
« on: January 07, 2007, 03:20:50 PM »
I'm trying to create a script that when someone types !song it will read one of several songs which would be about 5-10 lines long.  I'd need to either read a random file, if I named each song something different or put all songs into one file, and read each song from that file separate.  What commands would I use?  I'd also need to time it to keep from flooding I believe.  Thanks.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: $read random files
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:49:16 AM »
You would use the OnText event to get any information typed by users in a channel.
The IceChat God

trehahn

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:17:30 PM »
I realize that, but is it done any different than you'd do in mIRC?  I had tried it once (not in a bit now) and it didn't work.  I gave up and just installed mIRC and started messing with it.  I use IceChat and run mIRC to play around.  I understand mIRC scripting, but scripts for this I rarely get to work.  Not sure why.  I do have a little programming background and its usually something stupid I'm sure that keeps it from working.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 05:22:25 PM »
Well, of course the mirc script engine in icechat is far , far from being a perfect copy. In general, its pretty darn close, but alot of the advanced things in it, simply wont work.
Paste a little code of what you could not get working, and I will let ya know what's a little different for it, or if it will work at all.
The IceChat God