Author Topic: Balloon notification and tree view switch bar  (Read 4588 times)

Hypothesis

Balloon notification and tree view switch bar
« on: November 04, 2006, 07:36:06 PM »
If any of you are like me, then you truely enjoy using ice chat.  It is very well made and its functionality is darn near perfect.  However, I find myself multi tasking and therefore I must reduce the window size of ice chat itself so i can do many things at once while im keeping an eye on some of my other projects. 

I generally have a large amount of channels open in irc, as well as many queries.  With the reduced size window, it would be alot more convenient if there were a different form of channel panel.  Also, many times I must minimize irc to continue my work and therefore I feel that balloon notification would be a welcome and beneficial aspect added to Ice Chat 7.00.

Either if this is too much to ask or if there is already options to do these things, I do apologize.  I do not wish to burden you with useless posts. 

Oh, one more thing...Is there a way to configure Ice Chat to highlight your nick when someone says it, and also highlight the channel that your nick was said on?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Balloon notification and tree view switch bar
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:15:52 PM »
Balloon notification. Do you mean popping up messages from the System Tray icon? There are many problems with this, and a lot of little things to sort out, which is why it was never implemented. I couldnt and didnt get any feedback about it, so the idea was never added. Popups can be done with scripting, and that I feel is the best course of action, This way you can popup your own windows or whichever, and customize them to suit your own needs.

You mentioned in the title about a treeview switch bar, that was in the works, but was dropped. And I don't see it being implemented, it was just too much of a hassle.

As for the nick highlight, you would use Text Highlighting, in the Colors Section. Just add "$me" to the highlight word, and it will use your current nickname. The rest I am sure you can figure out.

The IceChat God

DarkStar

• Scripts for Praise
    • CorpseCorp
Re: Balloon notification and tree view switch bar
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 12:49:40 AM »
you could also go to view > Channel Bar > Left or right. I use Right. It tiles the channels vertically and therefore you can see more of them, I have so many channels open i couldnt see them all when they were on the top.
This message brought to you by the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.