Author Topic: User Levels Commands  (Read 3744 times)

Primate

User Levels Commands
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:25:29 PM »
Hey Snerf, would it be possible to add a /auser command like MIRC has (to add users to the "User Levels" without manually editing the file) or is it too hard? Even a simpler way to add it would be nice, like using just a nick, not the whole hostmask.

--------Second Thought----------

Don't want to overburden you, I have trouble creating a "hello world" program in visual basic, but i was wondering if you could make it so you could add a userlevel to someone when the join, like "on *:JOIN:#:/auser 2"

Thx,
Primate
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:33:58 PM by Primate »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: User Levels Commands
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »
Well, I can add /auser command, thats simple enough.
Of course, this means that people will ask for /ruser, /ulist, and all those other UserLevel specific commands. (It never fails)

As for the "on *:JOIN:#:/auser 2" .. I thought it would be "on *:JOIN:#:/auser 2 $nick" , but thats just me :)

Other then that, how is the User Level stuff working out, I have not spent much time playing with them.
The IceChat God

Primate

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 01:17:10 PM »
Of course it never fails, ur the only one to ever try (and pretty successfully) to compete with mIRC!

Anyway, the user levels work great for bots and scripts, however, it can be annoying if you want to add a bunch of people fast, because typing out the hostmask takes a while and copying can be tedious. But with the commands, it should work great! Thanks for actually listining to my request, unlike certain people!

Primate

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 05:52:16 PM »
Ok, /auser, /ruser, /rlevel and /ulist commands have all been added. They are slightly different then their mirc counterparts.
Typing the commands on their own will give you the proper syntax.
They will be available in the next build release.
If you wish to have them sooner, come to the #icechat channel and I can tell you were to download the temporary build for it.

I am still debating about adding the $ulist() identifier, I will have to see that one over a bit.
The IceChat God