Author Topic: Error #10060 Connection Timed out on DCC receive  (Read 10836 times)

trehahn

Error #10060 Connection Timed out on DCC receive
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »
While trying to receive a DCC file from a friend, an MP3, I get the Error #10060 time out error.  Error #10060-The attempt to connect timed out.  Some DCC requests don't go through, it shows in the console it is being sent, but I never see the request window.  I'm not ignoring the file types, nor does it show it being ignored in the console.

I'm able to receive JPG and wav files fine from him, all MP3's time out with the exception of one which I've never seen the request for but am wondering if it isn't the file name itself.  I'm able to receive it on mIRC I downloaded that nasty program to test it and it worked fine.  It just seems to be an IceChat issue.  The file name is: 07 - Let's Impeach the Presiden.mp3 which I tried to have his script send, and he tried sending it manually, never seen the window to accept though it did show in the console a dcc request.  The other mp3s timed out.  Any suggestions?  Is this a bug?

Tim

trehahn

Re: Error #10060 Connection Timed out on DCC receive
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 12:23:56 PM »
BTW I am behind a Linksys router and a firewall running on my machine, I disabled the firewall on my machine and even DMZ'd my IP opening me up to no firewalls, didn't fix the issue.

Tim

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »
You say you can get some files, but not others.  Then it cant really be a dcc issue, unless the filename is causing it.
See if there is an errors.txt file in the IceChat5 folder, it may help out.
The IceChat God

trehahn

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 01:40:45 PM »
There are no error issues in the error file for that server at all.  The file name could be the issue for the one file, but he sent another with another name just a standard name.mp3 and it went through, but thats when I get the time out error.  The other one I never get the accept request at all.

Tim

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 03:08:14 PM »
Well, then it must be the filename then. You can try IceChat 7 if you wish, to see if there is still an issue, but its quite obvious that the filename is the problem.
The IceChat God