Author Topic: Cursor in text box going on strike  (Read 3024 times)

Gord

Cursor in text box going on strike
« on: October 17, 2006, 12:31:46 PM »
I love Ice Chat 7, but a friend and I, both running XP, are having this occasional glitch with our cursors:  sometimes, when trying to back- or forward-space with the arrow keys, the cursor either refuses to move at all except when using word-to-word Ctrl-Left or Ctrl-Right arrows, or sometimes even that will suddenly make the cursor disappear off the screen altogether.

Easily dealt with by using the mouse to position the cursor, and after a while the "problem" seems to fix itself anyway, though often returning later.  Just seems an awful shame that something as silly as that should suddenly pop up in version 7, when 5 was fine.

Wonderful, wonderful programme though!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Cursor in text box going on strike
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:40:51 PM »
I have seen this problem myself, and have not found a solution for it. This is because it is so intermittent, and I can not seem to duplicate it on demand. Those bugs are tough to fix.
Consider it one of those annoying little bugs, that may or may not get fixed in the next version :)

And there is not much sense comparing Ice5 to Ice7, there is not much code shared between them.
The IceChat God

Gord

Re: Cursor in text box going on strike
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 07:48:24 AM »
Thanks for that, Snerf!

If even you can't pin it down then it'll just have to be put up with!  A very, very small niggle anyway, and as you say so intermittent it's not really worth worrying about!

I'm just glad to know it's not ME!!

All the best!

Gord