Author Topic: popup list on nickname in channel window  (Read 2720 times)

Morio

• Global Moderator
popup list on nickname in channel window
« on: May 15, 2006, 10:11:59 AM »
ok, that's a great topic :D

Anyway, if you for example give operator status to a user ib a channel, you don't get the popup window from the lines the person has written  before the ops. Whoa that's messy :D
I'll try to explain like this:

<person> hmm
* person is given operator status
<@person> hmm

now you don't get the popup window for the nickname from the first line he wrote (<person> hmm) only from the line where he has ops (<@person> hmm)

I have a wish/suggestion for icechat that is remotely connected with this thing. I'd like to see an empty space in front of the nickname of those who don't have voice/ops like this < person>. Most IRC clients seem to have that empty space there, and I think it looks nice when the first letter of the nicks are in a straight line (ofcourse that is only true if you use a monotype font).
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: popup list on nickname in channel window
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 10:57:43 AM »
Well, its supposed to popup for a nickname with no status all the time, as I have done that numerous times. So I don't know what the problem is with that, I will have to check that out.
The IceChat God