Author Topic: Problem with "focus"  (Read 2966 times)

chokchai20260

Problem with "focus"
« on: May 02, 2006, 03:21:30 PM »
In all recent versions - I've noticed, when I have channel and query windows cascaded, and a new query appears, that clicking on its button doesn't always transfer the focus to the new window, have to click another few buttons first.  This was the origin of something I mentioned before where my text appeared in the wrong window - the new query wasn't getting the focus.

Thanks,
Graham

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Problem with "focus"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 03:45:11 PM »
Is this only when the windows were cascaded?
Does it happen if the windows are maximized?
What does the status message say when your typing in the window, does it say your in a query, or in a channel, etc.

Do you have the "New Query in Foreground" option enabled?

I need to find a way to duplicate the error, before I can fix it.
If I can not duplicate it, its next to impossible to fix, because it could be so
many different reasons why it doesnt work.
The IceChat God

chokchai20260

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 04:22:54 AM »
OK - thanks, I'll try to narrow it down.  I don't think it happens if the windows are maximised, but I'll try it and see.  I do have "New Queries in ForeGround" checked.

I'll get back to you with more information.

Graham

chokchai20260

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 04:31:40 PM »
Its happened again - so I'll try to explain the sequence of events as clearly as I can:

• I have three channels open on one server (cascaded)
  • A new query comes in, it comes to the foreground, and the status bar reads correct
  • however, the button highlighted is the channel which was formerly active
  • there is no blinking cursor in the input box
  • so I click on the button of the query, that brings the cursor back, but it still doesn't change the active button to the query
  • I type my message - it appears in the formerly active channel - although the status bar still reports the query
  • it seems I can only get the focus to the query by clicking on a different inactive channel and then returning to the query

I hope that's clear, these things are so difficult to put into words sometimes.

Good luck finding the bug, it seems to me it might be something in the "New Query in ForeGround" routine.  I'll turn that off and see if it changes it.

Thanks,
Graham