Author Topic: Restarting  (Read 3364 times)

Morio

• Global Moderator
Restarting
« on: March 14, 2006, 04:30:21 AM »
When I close IceChat it restarts immediately. It doesn't connect to any servers or anything, and it only happens once (it doesn't restart when I close it the second time). I'm Running build 20060108.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Yugi

Re: Restarting
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 07:15:39 AM »
I noticed the same thing in this build 20060108. I noticed it because i was reinstaling ice7, making a clean install. It happened, when i ran ice7 for a first time and i added my settings and i tried to shutdown icechat and instead of closing, it restarted. After this so called restart the servers in the favorite server list were missing, so i closed it again and then start it up. Everything was ok after that, all server addresses were back there.
I also noticed that the installer adds a quick launch icon even though i didn't select that option for the install. One more weird thing with the installer, i selected the install folder (c:\\program files\icechat) but because the folder existed it asked me if i want to install in there, that never happened to me before with any other installer.  and because the folder existed it tried to add a new path adding Icechat7 folder(c:\\program files\icechat\icechat7). i had to delete the last part - icechat7.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 07:56:22 AM by Yugi »
IceChat - Cool to the core!

Morio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 07:40:57 AM »
The problem seems to be gone for me now
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 06:42:04 PM »
Well Yugi, I tried to replicate those Installer errors, and I could not.
So, maybe you installed IceChat 5 first, then 7, not sure.
I did do it on an admin account tho, and not a limited one. Not installing runtimes or emoticons, and it did not add a Quick Launch, it added or not added the start menu folder or the Desktop Icon, whichever I specified.
I could try it on another pc some times with limited access, but I need to find one first.
The IceChat God