Author Topic: IRC Operators  (Read 3405 times)

Morio

• Global Moderator
IRC Operators
« on: March 10, 2006, 08:54:53 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug or what, but IRC Operators' nicks aren't shown in bold as in icechat 5.

Also, this has nothing to do with IRC Operators, but I'll put it here so I don't have to make so many threads.

Is it possible to set the folders for the log files and the default folders for scripts and aliases and stuff like that?

Also, when I try to change my nick to a nick that is already taken, I get the message that the nick is taken, but Icechat still shows the new nick, like this:
[19:43] * Morio_ is now known as Morio__
[19:43] * Morio__ is now known as Morio_
[19:43] ->> Morio :Nick/channel is temporarily unavailable  <-- here I tried to change my nick to Morio which wasn't possible
[19:43] <Morio> test  <-- but still IcheChat thinks that I have changed my nick

I hope my post makes any sence :D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 09:52:44 AM by Morio »
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: IRC Operators
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 04:14:26 PM »
The IRC Operators are no longer shown in bold in IceChat 7. That feature has been removed.

For the folders, they are hard coded, and I do not see any reason to change this. It is less confusing and causes less problems this way.

As for the nick name change problem, I will check that out.

Thanks
The IceChat God

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 04:41:01 PM »
One last thing, what server did you try that nick name change on, it is not a standard message I have seen.
The IceChat God

Morio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 06:59:38 AM »
ircnet, more precisely irc.cc.tut.fi
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 07:22:20 AM by Morio »
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein