Author Topic: Overtake!  (Read 3650 times)

Shani

Overtake!
« on: January 29, 2006, 07:13:40 AM »
I have a squad channel for a game that i play but recently the password has been changed and i no longer get ops.. It turns out someone else has managed to get on and has somehow got round the password (or been given it). I do have quite a few people in my squad so it is possible it was one of them or that they gave out the password (i doubt this as we are all friends). Is there anyway to get round this new password so i can take back my channel and if so is there anything i can do to protect my channel from such an attack again?
If not i can always make a new channel im not to bothered but i would like that channel back as it has all the settings and op list on that would take me a while to setup again. Thanks for any help!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Overtake!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 08:52:35 AM »
You should contact the admins on the Network you are on. They are in charge of such things. There must be a #help channel or such, if not, try and email them. I am sure they can help you out.
The IceChat God

Shani

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 12:51:09 PM »
Cool i wasnt sure if they had the powers to do something like that or not. Thanks again :)

HLBNigel

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:41:11 AM »
and if that doesnt work just create ur new channel but dont tell any one the password and just give your mates sop instead of the password

I Hope Ive Helped You

HLBNigel@aol.com