Author Topic: write with colors  (Read 6790 times)

gamez

write with colors
« on: December 16, 2005, 11:43:28 AM »
hello

is it possible to choose a color text and a background color for the text to write with??
actually we can choose the color of the text with the button at left of the text capture but when the message is sent the color goes back to the standard one.

and if it is possible to choose the background color of the text and the bold type it would be very great

thx

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: write with colors
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 12:42:41 PM »
You have to choose a color(s) each time, unless you make a script (this can cause problems, so, I would strongly suggest against it, because it has to be done right).

You can, however, do a shortcut. Pressing CTRL-K enters the little color code box, and then just enter the number of the color you wish to use. This way you dont have to use the color picker each and every time.

If you want a background color, place a comma after the initial color. Example: 4,6 has a foreground color #4 and background #6. 15,26 has a foreground color of 15, and a background color of 26. You of course need the CTRL-K character first, to tell the program you are using a color code.

If you want to use Bold, press CTRL-B for the bold character, and pressing CTRL-B again turns bold off. For underline it is CTRL-U, works the same way as bold.
The IceChat God

gamez

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 12:59:42 PM »
You have to choose a color(s) each time, unless you make a script (this can cause problems, so, I would strongly suggest against it, because it has to be done right).

how can i do a script to keep my color and bold type automatically??
because it is not practical to do a ctrl+v (containing my preferences) each time i want to write something.

is it possible to automatically copy the code of color in the text capture each time i clic on it to write something?
or clic a checkbox to activate this script and uncheck to desactivate it.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 01:24:49 PM »
No, you can not just activate and de-activate a script like such.

You better explain what you want exactly, because I get the feeling you have no scripting experience of any kind, and I can will go right over your head with all the complicated details.
The IceChat God

gamez

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 01:49:46 PM »
exact, i dont know how script works but i've found this topic http://www.icechat.net/forums/index.php?topic=554.0
that person (vfxi) asked the same thing i wanted to ask.

so i would copy/paste the code you wrote to answer him but the menu "scriptmenu" is empty i have no access for it.

(it is just me who see the colors i choose or only those who have icechat or everybody in the channel?)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 01:53:11 PM by gamez »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 01:59:47 PM »
You do not use the Script menu, you use the script editor.

Open the IceChat Editor, go to the Scripts Tab. Paste in that code, and then choose "Save As" from the file menu. In the File Types, the default is not what you want, you need to save it as a IceChat 5 Script, because that is what it is. You choose it from the box for file types. Give it a file name, and then save and exit.
The IceChat God

gamez

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 02:24:48 PM »
yeahhh thank you, it works!!

other question, is it normal that the 'scriptmenu' menu is empty?

and last question: with icechat5 there is a menu that lists all function and commands for scripts but i dont find it with icechat7.
isnt it that, which is supposed to be in the "scriptmenu" menu???
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 02:33:30 PM by gamez »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 02:58:17 PM »
The script menu is a menu that you can add items to, that shows on the Main Menu Bar of IceChat.
By default all popup menus are empty, so, yes, it is normal to be empty. You can add anything you want to this menu.

IceChat 5 has all the functions and commands listed, because it is a finished product, not in Alpha or Beta.
IceChat 7 is NOT a finished product, which is why it is still in Alpha.
If something is missing, and it is not mentioned in changes.txt or readme.txt, consider that is has not been added in yet. The main problem with adding these "functions" is because IceChat 7 has a different script engine then IceChat 5, it now supports 2 different kinds, so most likely this particular feature will not be added. It will be in the new help file, and that has not even been started as of yet.

Do not expect everything to be finished with Version 7 any time soon, as it takes time to write it all.
Perhaps sometime in the spring of 2006, as I have stated before, before a Beta version is released.
The IceChat God

gamez

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 03:02:34 PM »
hehe thank you again