Author Topic: Proxy errors  (Read 3961 times)

Trurevo

Proxy errors
« on: October 01, 2005, 03:07:36 PM »
   I'm using version 5.10, but I was forced to do so because I downloaded 5.5 and I couldn't keep the program opened for more then 30 seconds or so and it would shut down, no matter what I did. No error messages or anything. (Might've been my computer, not sure)
  Anyway, having tried version 7, I realize proxy connections were not an option yet, so I was forced into version 5.10.
     Now, the problem is that I've organized all of my proxy settings, both for the servers and for the connection, but the servers diconnect me for no apparent reason. It's extraordinarily annoying, so I was hoping someone could help me out because I really want to use IceChat.   Thanks!

Edit: Just wanted to add that I have to use a proxy because I connect via LAN.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 03:14:02 PM by Trurevo »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Proxy errors
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 03:29:37 PM »
What server error(s) are you getting when you get disconnected?
And is this for any server, or specific ones?
The IceChat God

Trurevo

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 01:04:17 PM »
Sorry, I completely forgot about this post! Lol. Anyway. That's the thing. No error message, every server I try to connect to. All it says is:

(teal text)
(time) * Attempting to connect to Proxy Server xxx.xxx.xxx on port xxxx
(time) *** Proxy Connection Established with xxx.xxx.xxx
   (burgundy text)
(time) * Proxy Connection closed
(time) * Connection closed from irc.quakenet.org (Just an example)

It doesn't matter what server. I think my problem is that the proxy is closing the connection... I thought it was the
server closing the connection at first, then I realized what was actually going on...

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 02:46:05 PM »
Ok, this is a problem with IceChat not being able to properly communicate with the Proxy Server, or, like you said, the Proxy Server closing the connection, for whatever reason.
IceChat has been tested on a couple of servers, but not many, as I need access to these servers to test it.
The IceChat God