Author Topic: Ban on badwords  (Read 4732 times)

DanielBak

Ban on badwords
« on: August 12, 2005, 04:03:57 PM »
Well i have been trying out the script that was made. but i have that problem that it does not take the word only so all words where the bad word is in is a kick/ban reason. Can that be made different??

And can the ban be made in somekind of time limit??? I have been looking on the temp ban topic but did not quiet understand.

Hope someone can help.

Regards Thedaneworm

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Ban on badwords
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 06:38:55 PM »
Which script might that be? Was it the one that was made by Cobi, in this post?

http://www.icechat.net/forums/index.php?topic=230.0

You need to make sure your INI file is properly made up, like the message implies.

As for a timed ban, there is no feature like that in IceChat 5.50. You would have to create a timer, after you set the ban, to remove then ban, in however long you want to remove it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 06:54:30 PM by Snerf »
The IceChat God

DanielBak

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 04:05:11 PM »
First i hvae done the file as i should. But still if you have the word "homo" on the bad word list ppl get kicked and baned for writing "homogeneous" and homosapiens and that is not good.

And who does you make the timer to remove the ban after some time limit???

Hope you can help because i am not that good at tims scripting yet.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 11:05:49 PM »
Yes, the script is not very sophisticated, it will ban on un-suspecting words as well.

You set a timer, with someid you want, and set the interval to 300 seconds, for instance, thats 5 minutes.
And the command is simply the command to unban, with 1 repetition, since you only unban once.
Type /timer on its own to see the syntax for the timer command.
The IceChat God