Author Topic: Issues with IC7  (Read 7499 times)

mr-b

Issues with IC7
« on: April 26, 2005, 01:54:21 AM »
Some issues that work OK in IC5, so I assume that they're meant to work or be present in IC7: ;-)

- No channel activity notification sounds or taskbar flash
- Missing Connect/Disconnect menu option (so that means you have to restore the server list window, highlight server and click Connect )
- Missing Program settings option to auto-run IC on windows startup
- Missing Program settings option to Save Windows layout
- Can't resize user & hostname columns - I see weird grey outlines when I click on the window title
- User list is sometimes in a very pale (almost invisible) colour
- Away settings screen is corrupted under Send Away/Return messages
- Mouse wheel doesn't scroll
- Slaps Random phrase is broken

mr-b

Issues with IC7
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 03:40:24 AM »
- Display option 'Save Window Sizes/Positions on Exit' doesn't work
- Server option 'Autoconnect on IC Start-up' doesn't work

ADB

Issues with IC7
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 06:49:06 AM »
Only thing I noticed was the lack of a Server Password box.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Issues with IC7
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 09:03:16 AM »
These are not bugs or problems, they just have not been added yet, every single one of those. This is, after all, why it is an Alpha version, and not a Beta version.

Thanks for checking it out though, but I am aware of all these problems, and so many others as well. A great many things are being re-written/changed in ver7. A lot of things were "pulled" from the client, because of this. With each new Alpha release, things will start coming back, one by one.
The IceChat God

mr-b

Issues with IC7
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 10:15:06 AM »
OK glad to hear they're all known about - the download URL posted in #icechat does give the impression of a beta though ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 02:55:54 PM by Snerf »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Issues with IC7
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 12:31:13 PM »
Yeah, but when ya start the program, it clearly says Alpha. And that download URL was only meant for a test, not be be posted publically. I only give out test alpha's to people to test it, my own mistake for not making that clear. In any case, newer Alpha should be out this week some time.
The IceChat God

mr-b

Issues with IC7
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 03:26:17 PM »
Look forward to it! Some of the new features sounds really good.

However please can you prioritise fixing "flash taskbar icon and issue sound alert on channel activity" - I miss a lot of msgs currently. ;)

forte.exe21

Issues with IC7
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 12:58:16 AM »
Quote from: mr-b
Look forward to it! Some of the new features sounds really good.

However please can you prioritise fixing "flash taskbar icon and issue sound alert on channel activity" - I miss a lot of msgs currently. ;)

yep... been looking for that in all the v7s.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Issues with IC7
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 08:42:52 AM »
Things are done in a certain order. Give it time, maybe the next build will have it.  :)
The IceChat God

forte.exe21

Issues with IC7
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 06:29:21 AM »
when i thought that the new version is about to be perfect it still have 3 problems.

1. auto connect wont work
2. after some time the up button wont work so you have type it again if you want to repeat what you are saying.
3. i cant paste any text.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Issues with IC7
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 07:58:10 AM »
It is an "Alpha" version, and will be for a long time. Dont expect it to be out of Alpha for many months yet, it is a slow going process.

Some things break between Alpha's, like the arrow keys at times, and the Tab Key as well. It is all about experimenting with new ideas, to improve the client down the road.

But please, dont expect these versions to be perfect, because they are far from it. When version 7 reaches Beta, then you can really start complaining about things not working, because then it will be closer to a full release, and it should be close to perfect.

If you want to know whats been fixed between Alpha's, whats new, etc, read the "readme.txt" file that is included with the Zip file.

Thanks
The IceChat God