Author Topic: Empty userlist in normal #xxxxxxxx -channel.  (Read 6997 times)

Pultsari

Empty userlist in normal #xxxxxxxx -channel.
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:53:54 AM »
2.6 2006: This irc-channel is normal #xxxxx (secret)channel.. it is first channel in my autojoin settings, other channels join correctly automatically but.. problem with this one channel is:  Sometimes I'm lonely - no I'm not, chat working correctly (i can see other peoples public messages) but userlist is empty (only me in list) and if somebody else joins to channel only he come to userlist .. so where is the all rest peoples? .. do you want screenshot etc.?. And sometimes joinging just work correcly, can see all peoples in userlist correcly.

3.6 2006: Now it works fine at this time .. so i will watch debug when problem is here again (i think day or two max). And normally manual joining it works .. but as I say, only sometimes autojoin does this problem. I don't even know is this problem autojoinbug or what it is .. but, I will watch this day or two and report more.. My IceChat version is latest 7.0 betabuild (20060521).

6.6 2006: Well, now I have screenshot about this problem.. and now problem is in other channel at this time, it seems channel can be random (but this channel too is in my autojoin and this channel is normal #xxxxx -channel). URL: http://www.saunalahti.fi/jhuo/icechat.jpg

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Empty userlist in normal #xxxxxxxx -channel.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 07:29:07 AM »
How many channels are in your autojoin?

I have an idea what may be the problem, that the autojoin is joining the channels too fast.
I will try a way to make it slow it down a little bit, and hopefully the problem goes away.
The IceChat God

Pultsari

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:11:35 AM »
At now, I have 4 channels in autojoin.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:38:48 AM »
I was wondering if this problem is still in the latest build (20060627) ?
The IceChat God

Pultsari

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:06:38 AM »
Yes, it seems problem is still here.. i installed new beta. I have about 8 autojoin channels and it seems allways the first channel (it does'nt matter what channel is first, i tested other order too) is empty / halfempty ..

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 09:29:41 AM »
Ok, I will see what I can do about it, and do some more testing myself.
I have a hunch I know what it is, as I have had something similar occur to me once or twice before.
I'll cross my fingers that I can find it.

Thanks
The IceChat God

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 11:44:30 AM »
Alright, after some testing, and being able to replicate the problem, I have fixed it.
On joining multiple channels, sometimes the IRC Server would send an RPL_ENDOFNAMES , meaning that it has sent all the nicks for the channel, and IceChat was setup to no longer accept more nicknames.
In any case, after many tests, it works like a charm now.
The IceChat God

Pultsari

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 04:56:20 AM »
Nice ;) .. i will test.. next beta?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 08:33:58 PM »
Yes, it will be in the next Beta. I can not replicate the problem anymore.
I got some other issues fixed as well, IceChat was closing sometimes, without warning.
So it looks like the next Beta release will be a very stable one.
The IceChat God

Pultsari

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »
Hello, now I have other problems/bug and feature request if you are interest:

Problem 1.: If I'dont use IceChat "Maximized window" and use "smaller" window and if somebody then paste some (LONG!) http-url to channel IceChat try open url but all characters what goes to "second line" in IceChat cuts out ..  so example url: http://test.test.test/groove/hiphip/testest/andlotlongermore/test/test.jpg - If this sample url fit to 1 line in IceChat screen no problem, but if it goes to 2 lines then all of line 2 of that url cuts out ... and url doesn't work in opened browser.

Problem 2.: If I'dont use IceChat "Maximized window" and use "smaller" window and if somebody then publically in channel typed me like: <@daa> Mynick: Hello (and long text here...)

So, line is colored red and of course it is good .. but all text that normally goes many lines goes now only 1 line and out of my screen

And feature request .. UTF-8 support? :)

I hope you understand something my poor english :D

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 05:47:55 PM »
1. I know about the URL problem, I am still working on it. Its one of those, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt problems.

2. As for the long text problem, I dont understand what you mean.

Sorry, no support for UTF-8, its not possible without re-writing the whole program in a different programming language.
The IceChat God