Author Topic: I love this program but now....  (Read 12858 times)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
I love this program but now....
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 10:16:19 PM »
No, something else must be causing it to crash.  If you can provide a screen shot of the error/crash, that may help me out. If you want to send me (via email preferably) your icechat.ini file, that may also be helpful.

I would suggest, re-install icechat to a totally different folder, or completely whipe out what you have.  There must be something embedded somewhere , in some file, thats causing it to crash, and its not getting recorded properly. And then see if it runs properly. If it does, then I know that there is something wrong with your current setup.
The IceChat God

Nutter

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 02:14:11 AM »
Hi Snerf,

I don't know if you have solved this problem but I've just been having exactly the same problem, same error code as well. Deleting channels.ini and startup.txt in the main Icechat directory had no effect.

I've managed to solve it by deleting [USERNAME]_channels.ini file in the IceChat/Profiles directory. e.g. in my case Nutter_channels.ini.
I hope this helps others having the same problem

I have a backup of my Nutter_channels.ini file if you want to take a look.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2005, 08:30:04 AM »
Yes, if you are using profiles, you need to go into the profiles folder and delete username_channels.ini .

Its just an ongoing problem in Version 5. The problem does not occur anymore in Version 7, but Ver7 is of course far from complete.  I know what is generally causing the problem, and I have made a temporary fix in Version 5.51, which deletes the channels.ini file automatically if an error is found. But 5.51 also has no scheduled release date, as I am working between the 2 versions.  I should be placing a post about 5.51 soon, for any testers that wish to test it before I fully release it.

Thanks
The IceChat God