Author Topic: 2 bugs with colour  (Read 4836 times)

Woo

2 bugs with colour
« on: May 25, 2004, 11:06:11 PM »
These bugs are current as of version 5.20

build 050904.

When using black as my chat background colour, URL's are invisible (most likely because the URL text is

back, and if there is a way to change that, I cant see it)

Having "Own text" as in the text I type, set to bright

green,  when people say my exact name in the channel, their text also shows up as bright green.

Sorry if I am unclear,

just post here if I am and I will post a screenshot.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: 2 bugs with colour
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 08:31:11 AM »
Quote from: Woo
These bugs are

current as of version 5.20 build 050904.

When using black as my chat background colour, URL's are invisible (most

likely because the URL text is back, and if there is a way to change that, I cant see it)

Having "Own text" as in the

text I type, set to bright green,  when people say my exact name in the channel, their text also shows up as bright

green.

Sorry if I am unclear, just post here if I am and I will post a screenshot.

Well, all

the tests I have run, show links as white underlined text when using a black background, so I am not sure what the problem is

there.
Do they show as blue underlined text for you if you have a white background?

The one where your own name

comes in as green, is not a bug. That is the default color of the nickname highlight. To change this, go to color settings,

click on Channelbar Tab, and change the Nickname Highlight color.
The IceChat God

Woo

2 bugs with colour
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 07:56:03 PM »
Ok, thanks.

As for the URL, yes, with a white text

colour I get a blue underlined URL.

RyanK

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 02:35:16 PM »
Not sure if this has been identified as a problem or not, but I saw no other mention on the forums, and asked in #icechat.

Brand new Install, Windows XP SP2, Icechat 5.5, changed color theme to Black and links show up in black text. Every other background color shows them as blue, with the exception of blue, which shows as black text. I can post screenshots if it helps, later on, I'll try and see if it happens on my other machines too.

Is there some system setting or anything that could be impacting this? If not for this, IceChat would be ideal for the person i'm setting this computer up for.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion...

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 03:25:12 PM »
Sorry, there is no fix for this. It is something that can not be fixed, because of the control that is used to display the text in Version 5.50, it is hard coded into it. The only way to fix it was to disable highlighting of all URL's, but that was not desirable, and that can not be done in any configuration, a new build of IceChat would need to be created.

For Version 7, it is a totally new control, but no URL Highlighting has been implemented as of yet, so it just shows as regular text.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 03:27:41 PM by Snerf »
The IceChat God

DM01

• http://dmmb.halomodshelp.org/
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 04:33:56 PM »
Right click your desktop, go to Properties, go to Appearnce, go to Advanced, under the first drop down find Window Background (or anything related to a menu/window that has text options) change the color to something else.

That was what I had to do (without windowblinds) to fix the black on black URL text, with windowblinds, I had to edit the skin itself.

Hope that helps.