Author Topic: Need ONJOIN script  (Read 7744 times)

patblank

  • Guest
Need ONJOIN script
« on: April 08, 2004, 01:00:54 PM »
I want a message to appear to people who

just entered my channel. Basically, when they join, a NOTICE message will be sent to them so no one else will see it. Pretty

familiar ground, but I have no clue on how to do it.

Thanks.

Snerf

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1968
    • IceChat IRC Client
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 01:55:29 PM »
Sub ONJOIN(Nickname,Host,Channel,ServerNumber)
if Channel =

"#mychannel" then
SendCommand "/notice " & Nickname & " Welcome to my Channel, enjoy your

stay",ServerNumber
end if
End Sub

--------------------------------
'you can change the channel you want it

for, and your own message of course.
The IceChat God

patblank

  • Guest
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 03:23:57 PM »
Well, I'm assuming that I open the script editor and save

this as-is in an .ice file (I edited it for my channel). Is there anything else I need to do to make this a full-fledged

script?

Thanks again.

Snerf

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1968
    • IceChat IRC Client
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 03:38:23 PM »
Quote from: patblank
Well, I'm assuming that I open

the script editor and save this as-is in an .ice file (I edited it for my channel). Is there anything else I need to do to

make this a full-fledged script?

Thanks again.


No, thats all you need to do. Save it in an

ICE file and Close and Update, and your set. In the console it should then say "Reloading Script Engine Files", and then

loading the ICE file(s) you have.
The IceChat God

patblank

  • Guest
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 09:10:05 AM »
Quote from: Snerf
No, thats all you need to do. Save

it in an ICE file and Close and Update, and your set. In the console it should then say "Reloading Script Engine Files", and

then loading the ICE file(s) you have.


The script is not working, but I don't think its the

script's fault. I'm not getting the message saying that my .ice files are being loaded. What am I doing wrong?

Snerf

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1968
    • IceChat IRC Client
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 10:24:56 AM »
Ok, 1st of all, make sure you save it to an ICE file.
You

do this from the Scripts Menu, Save Script.
It should then show in the View Script File menu, the file you have

saved.

Once you have finished editing the script, go to the Scripts menu and choose Close and Update

Scripts.

Then you are set.
The IceChat God

patblank

  • Guest
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 10:50:36 AM »
No matter how many times I load and save and update, I can't

get the script to show up in the View Script File menu. It constantly says No Scripts Loaded.

novex

  • Guest
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 03:46:01 AM »
i had this problem the other day with my scripts.

i

fixed it by going closing icechat, then editing the icechat.ini (down near the bottom there are teh entries for scripts to

load) and removing them all, then relaunching, load the scripts and it should be OK.

try a few variations of this,

somehow i ended up loading a script twice the other day and that was teh only way i could find to fix it.

novex

  • Guest
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 04:48:24 AM »
is there any chance of a /silentnotice comand to use instead

of notice so that i can send them notices on join but not get it showing up on my client as well?

just that in a busy

channel it gets quite messy.

Snerf

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1968
    • IceChat IRC Client
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 02:11:52 PM »
Quote from: novex
is there any chance of a

/silentnotice comand to use instead of notice so that i can send them notices on join but not get it showing up on my client

as well?

just that in a busy channel it gets quite messy.


Well, no.
But I have an idea,

using raw commands.
Wait for 5.20 to be done.
The IceChat God

novex

  • Guest
Need ONJOIN script
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 02:51:53 PM »
to quote homer simpson

"but i want it now"

 :

P

k, will see what you can pull out of your hat with 5.20 lemme knwo when a beta is out for me to test with this

feature.