Author Topic: no visible text  (Read 3646 times)

Fenrir

no visible text
« on: March 30, 2004, 11:15:48 AM »
I just installed the latest version of IceChat,

and logged on to my fav server. When joining a channel however, all I get to see is information about people joining or

leaving the channel, or maybe changing their nicks. I don't see the actual text they type. Can't figure out why this is

happening. I know it's not that I set the color for messages to white, because I already checked that. Can anyone help me

out? I'd really like to use the program, bacause it sure looks nice, but it's kinda lame trying to chat if everything is

turned into a monologue.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Inivisble Text
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 12:15:32 PM »
Does this only happen for that server, or any

server or channel?
Do you have any scripts loaded?

Open the Debug Window (From the Main Menu) and see if you see

any PRIVMSG calls coming in. The debug window is just all the raw data that comes into IceChat.

If you do see PRIVMSG

calls coming in for that channel, then try changing the colors, perhaps changing to a different color theme, temporarily, and

see if it makes any difference.

If this does not solve your problem, then email support@icechat.net, and send the

errors.txt file that is located in your IceChat5\Logs folder (if you have one). Also say which server and channel your

trying to connect to, so it can be tested.
Version 5.20 is almost finished as well, and may solve your

problem.

Thanks
The IceChat God

Fenrir

no visible text
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 01:39:04 PM »
Dear IceChat,

it actually happens with any server I've

tried to access. I have no scripts loaded at all. I've tried the Debug Window, but no PRIVMSG calls were coming in. The

server I've been accessing is 4-irc.com, and I've basically tried any channel I could get my hands on, as long as there

were more than just a couple of people inside. Still no luck though... Would it be an idea to try and download one of your

earlier versions? Would that maybe solve the problem for me?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
no visible text
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 03:59:26 PM »
If you see no PRIVMSG calls, then no one is talking. Simple as

that.

Try a busier server and/or a larger channel, or try the #icechat channel on Quakenet, and see what you get.
The IceChat God