Author Topic: Anti-Idle script  (Read 203 times)

TicTac

Anti-Idle script
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:26:11 AM »
I have changed from regular mIrc to IceChat 9. I found out a lot of handy stuff I wanted to have, but there is 1 thing I can't seem to find and that's a way to prevent showing that I am 'idle for 6 hours 3 minuts and 12 seconds'. I have a script in the other mIrc but that's totally different build-up and it doesn't work in IceChat. I am not a pro in scripting/coding, but maybe a script like this could be made?

Someone gave me this script for mIrc, I had to put /Antion in my perform and the next script I had to fill in at mIrc Scripts Editor under the tab Remote.
The script itself:

alias antioff { timeridle off | unset %antiidle | echo -a Anti-Idle has been disabled. }
alias antion { .timeridle 0 10 scid -atM1 antiidle | set %antiidle on | echo -a Anti-Idle has been enabled. }
alias antiidle { .msg $status $me }
raw 401:*: {
  if (connected isin $1-) && (%antiidle) { echo -s Anti-Idle | halt }
}

What this exactly does, I have no clue myself, but I do know that it makes it that I am not longer idle then 10 seconds, even though I am gone for a whole day, people just think I am around. Maybe this script can be re-written into something which works in IceChat 9, or maybe it's possible to figure out any new script for Icechat 9 which does the same! I hope someone can help me!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Anti-Idle script
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:47:17 AM »
Hello TicTac, and thank you for using IceChat.

IceChat 9 does not have a script editor, it uses Plugins, but this can be achieved with some aliases, which are located in the IceChat Editor.

Paste the following code in the IceChat Editor, at the end of all the aliases.
What this one does is sends a message to yourself, every 60 seconds, as 10 seconds seemed excessive.
Same commands, /antion and /antioff.

Code: [Select]
/antion {
/timer idle 0 60 //msg $me AntiIdle Script
/echo AntiIdle is enabled
}
/antioff {
/timer idle off
/echo AntiIdle is disabled
}
The IceChat God

TicTac

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:20:21 AM »
Alright, that looks splendid! But PM is triggering my highlite. Is it possible to make me say it automatically in a specific channel instead of my own personal message. Is that possible while I am online and talking or is that gonna be difficult? Some kind of 'me talking in the background' in my own channel no one can access.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:25:20 AM by TicTac »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 02:51:51 PM »
Yes, like I said, it sends a message to yourself.

Sending a message to a channel every 60 seconds, will probably get you booted for spamming the channel.
You can make the message whatever you want, just edit the alias, and change it to sending to a specific channel.

But if you disable it when you are not idle, it won't send the messages.
The IceChat God

TicTac

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 05:40:21 AM »
How do I make it say stuff to a specific channel?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 01:49:57 PM »
You change the command, for the time:

/timer idle 0 60 //msg $me AntiIdle Script

This does //msg $me , which is messaging yourself. If you want to message a channel, it would be:

/timer idle 0 60 //msg #channel AntiIdle Script
The IceChat God