Author Topic: Word Completion Freeware Software  (Read 1217 times)

total_annihilation00

Word Completion Freeware Software
« on: December 11, 2016, 07:03:36 PM »
If the lack of Text Replacement (Pidgin plug-in) or Spell-Bee (Chrome ext.) bothers you there's a solution: Phrase Express --a nifty freeware software which once you've customized carefully can correct typos & expand shorthands. Very useful, till Ice Chat has a working fix for this issue. I use it for instance to auto-word-complete cnc:ta with the full words (Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances.) Has loads of options to restrict to certain programs & such. Me --since I've already got that functionality removed for Pidgin & Chrome --since it tends to displays corrections double if yu don't disable it with the proggies you know have the Dictionary spell fixers on... Let me know what you think of it --premium gets advanced features like networking (you don't need the premium features.) Anyway the real reason I was searching for --was to find keyboard typewriter sounds cause nattyware.com's QWERTick doesn't sound right on Windowz 10 --so I found a broken link & stumbled upon Type Pilot --which formats your text with added shortcut text... Got me interested. Now I can use IRC on e-Mule with Text Prediction+Completion.  :-)
P.S: I'm looking to get back on Ice Chat once I've resolved the log folder issue --I chat for over 12 hrs at a time & I don't like my log folder getting bloated as I have limited space on Drive C: (only 50 GB left!!) I'll try disabling & getting back to the glory days of Ice 9!
PhraseExpress v12.0 http://www.phraseexpress.com/download.php I imported phrases from Spell-Bee after converting it to spreadsheet --make sure you select the text fields type from right on top --as I made mistakes not specifying what column it belonged to. Also Pidgin I had to manually edit it in.
P.S.S: It bogs down system resources & crashes some much-needed apps like Dell Synaptic TP (TouchPad) driver in tray... But I think I fixed the crashing issue by unticking "work in Explorer." Also, I found a quick fix by manually re-opening my Dell TP driver UI then the mouse cursor doesn't get stuck on the screen for some time (unable to move) --I think it's 'cause this app uses tremendous resources since I have well over 5k+ phrases shortcuts in the database of the proggy. Amazingly, the app still runs after crashing other apps & works even after --but it's a nuisance. Anyway let's see how it goes I don't wanna have to untick it from Windows Startup...
P.S.S.S: I can confirm it doesn't crash anymore! I had to disable "Enable PhraseExpress in "Windows Explorer"" in the tray icon --now it runs just fine --never has crashed & doesn't leave a large footprint on memory or CPU. Also the software also is trialware that includes all features of the commercial edition for 30 days --after that it reverts to freeware --however my concern is: if that means all the network sharing & bloatware is gone or some much-needed functionality is reduced?! Alls well that ends well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:43:46 AM by total_annihilation00 »

total_annihilation00

Re: Word Completion Freeware Software
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »
Okay so my 30 days are up --commercial license expired --turned into freeware mode but most functionality is intact --I can safely say. Mostly network & clone copies & stuff are turned off after trial expires --everything I could want is still remnant. Great program. It has helped me a lot without having to use Pidgin's Text Replacement plug-in. Hats off to the developers!

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »
A shame it isn't open source.
Would be great to find an open source solution made in .Net.
The IceChat God

total_annihilation00

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 10:40:50 AM »
A shame it isn't open source.
Would be great to find an open source solution made in .Net.

Auto HotKey is open source. It is overly convoluted though (haven't tried it (not for me) but heard so much about it.) Maybe that might help you. It features text macros.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »
Also, Auto HotKey is not written in .Net, so not usable.
I order to have Spell Check capability with IceChat, it would need to be rewritten in WPF, which contains a SpellChecking element.
The IceChat God

total_annihilation00

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 12:41:49 PM »
Also, Auto HotKey is not written in .Net, so not usable.
I order to have Spell Check capability with IceChat, it would need to be rewritten in WPF, which contains a SpellChecking element.

iyc