Author Topic: Some Suggestions on UI & Features/Improvements!  (Read 1168 times)

total_annihilation00

Some Suggestions on UI & Features/Improvements!
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:32:23 PM »
  • Search in nick list,like on Pidgin.Like adding on-the fly search while typing in the Nick List.A small textbox appears/pops up,when you start typing. http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/total_annihilation666/UntitledPidginSearch.jpg ::Feature seen on Pidgin IM | http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/total_annihilation666/UntitledIceChat9.jpg ::Current Configuration  :-D
  • Copy/select links [text] feature from chat area (maybe a pause-screen feature)--maybe the logs would negate this need idk.Rectified!(Auto copy & Page Up/Down allows scrolling text (doesn't work sometimes.))
  • How do you use the Buddy list? -I think Buddy list is broken,haven't tested Ignore list though
  • How do you set the encoding so it doesn't display ASCII?I don't understand all the Windows & ISO's encodings.Default is Unicode UTF-8,but if I set it to ANSI it wouldn't display half the charset & would be faster,I imagine (w/o extended charsets.).But I don't see ANSI in the list,& any Windows encoding (non-display ASCII) I can substitute?I'm guessing some Windows or ISO.
  • & lastly Text Replacement like on Pidgin;for eg. set all "i"'s to "I"'s in uppercase,& other shortcuts http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/total_annihilation666/UntitledPidginTextReplacement.jpg ::Pidgin Text Replacement Feature,but I see there's also a thread already suggesting that.
  • 'Nick complete after text' is useful /w ": " but if it could be ignored when typing in the middle of a sentence--that would be nice!-Not that important,I can always backspace.
  • A 'local alias' that overrides the nick & displays it in chat--so effectively letting you use & view illegal characters.I used "psych0ninj@" as my Pidgin local alias & that's what appears on screen.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:04:20 AM by total_annihilation00 »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Some Suggestions on UI & Features/Improvements!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 01:46:29 PM »
- searching nicks in the nicklist, tried it, just not easy to implement, and not really needed with nick complete
- buddy list should be working with latest release (9.13)
- a lot of times, its is the font chosen that does not have support for a character set
- text replacement would be done through a plugin
- don't think a local alias has much use
The IceChat God

total_annihilation00

Re: Some Suggestions on UI & Features/Improvements!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:16:56 PM »
Okay well thanks for your input anyway.P.S:There are two option boxes in Pidgin for the Text Replacement (If you're going to make a plugin for it)--they are:"Only replace whole words" & "Exact case match (uncheck for automatic case handling)".Just thought you should know...The first one replaces whole words only (basically it only morphs the text only once you press spacebar after you type a word in & not instantly like when deselected) & the second is the case sensitive option (remembers what capitalization you used & preserves it)...**I know I've made a mistake /w what the option buttons do in Pidgin--they are so confusing.For general purposes,"Only replace whole words" is more convenient as it converts the text irrespective of the capitalization...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:09:49 AM by total_annihilation00 »