Author Topic: Default setting for automatic-away is sending a message to all channels.  (Read 1652 times)

zarthus

Hello,

Please alter the way IceChat behaves in regards to automatically going away, and it sending a message to all channels the user is in.

It is fine that this is a possibility, but I'd much prefer it if this option were disabled by default, as it makes for a lot of unaware people who either think this is a normal standard, or somehow acceptable in most channels. Where this could not be much further from the truth, I have had to kick quite a few people who had this setting enabled and never noticed, and otherwise were just hard to get a hold of. This becomes especially a problem in larger channels.

There are many people who actively dislike away messages, I am not one of those people, but I feel that the fact that this is default behaviour is something that is really becoming a problem.

So with this in mind, please alter the option that sends a message to all channels once you are automatically set as away to not be the default setting.

The world thanks you,

- Zarthus

ps: This may or may not have been the right board to post this in, if wrong, please move it to the correct section. I wasn't entirely sure.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:50:04 AM by zarthus »

zarthus

Would like to bump this post as I am not sure if it received any attention. Extra feedback is always helpful.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
All I can say is, you can disable the option if you do not want it.
The IceChat God

zarthus

And if you were to switch the default setting to off, would you not be able to turn on the option if you do want it?

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Thank you for your recommendation.
The IceChat God

zarthus

I apologise if this comes off as rude, but does that mean that my recommendation will be implemented within Icechat, or that you are at the very least considering it?

I'd be willing to go the extra mile to show you that this feature is especially bad - but if my initial post convinced you, please do let me know. I would love to help you make IceChat a better product, but I cannot help but read uncertainty in your post.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Your recommendation will be considered.
The IceChat God