Author Topic: New build crash  (Read 1097 times)

MickMick

New build crash
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »
Today, I updated the client to Build 9.02.2015.0213.
During a chat session, the client shut down completely and I was unable to reconnect to the server immediately. I shut down my computer and restarted it. IceChat once again connected to the server.

I have since uninstalled the program, downloaded a new version and reinstalled it. I have yet to test it properly.

The previous build was problem free for me, so perhaps there might have been some conflict with the update files.

The reason for posting this message, is to invite others who may have experienced this same problem after upgrading to the latest version.

I'll update this thread should I have a similar problem as experienced today.

MickMick

Re: New build crash
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »
Just a quick update...
I have used the client extensively today without any hiccups.
I am once again a happy chappy and a happy chatter.  :-)

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:38:43 PM »
Sometimes these things happen :)
Glad it is sorted out.
The IceChat God

MickMick

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »
I'm sorry to say, it's just done it to me again.
I had been chatting for about 3 hours with no problem, then the server just shut down. I immediately went to Chatzilla and reconnected with the server, but was unable to connect to the server using IceChat.

I rebooted my computer but IceChat still refused to connect with the server. I rebooted again, and was then able to connect using IceChat.

This problem has only occurred since the last upgrade of this client. Prior to that, I could chat all day without any crash. There is a conflict somewhere.
I'd like to somehow go back to the previous client before this current upgrade.

I'm using Windows 7 and all my other programs are stable. I don't know what to do now.  :-(

Luckily, I still have build 9.00,2014.0925 stored away. I have re-installed that.
Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:17:30 PM by MickMick »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »
Version 9.03 should fix the problem, as there was a bug with the new Re-connect timer, in 9.02
The IceChat God