Author Topic: A couple of wishes  (Read 2109 times)

acmfan

A couple of wishes
« on: November 15, 2013, 12:13:28 PM »
Hello there!

I am a very new user of IceChat 9. I've already come to the realization that there are two things I really miss, compared to my previous client.

1. In the private messages... or queries... I can't see why /me ... (actions) doesn't produce a ping sound, which a regular message is doing... it is thus rather tough to keep track of, lets say, a roleplay.

2. A few options for flashing on taskbar. Right now, if I check the square for flashing on taskbar... every single thing gives of a flashing. Personally I'd like to only have personal messages/queries and notifications, that is my nick being highlighted, flashing. Perhaps also flashing for a certain channel as well.

I hope this is being read, and considered.

Thank you in advance, acmfan

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: A couple of wishes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
True enough, adding actions to new channel/private messages as well, or a seperate option could be added.

As for taskbar flashing, yes, this could be expanded as well, for further options.

Thanks, will take these into consideration. And we may just expand it with a plugin as well.
The IceChat God

acmfan

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 12:36:16 PM »
Thank you, I will look forward to seeing it implemented. If it isn't I'll continue using the client, but it would be a lot better if one or both of these were added.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »
So I remember now that if you right click then channel in the Server Tree, and go to Events, and select Disable, it will not Flash the tab for anything.

So it flashes for all channel/private messages and actions, I will just seperate the settings.
The IceChat God