Author Topic: RC 6.5 - Two minor annoyances  (Read 1782 times)

PCachu

RC 6.5 - Two minor annoyances
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »
So, yeah.  Recently moved onto a new machine, decided to move up to IC9 while I was at it.  It's working well so far, save for two nuisances I have to deal with every time I start up:

- I like to keep the toolbar hidden (I connect to a single server with a tiny list of channels, I don't use the toolbar at all and I'm very anal about my screen real estate).  On RC 6.5, I have to choose the "Hide" option anew every time the program starts.

- I also don't use colors or emoticons, so I keep those buttons down by the text field hidden as well.  But again, I have to bring up the options to re-hide them every time.  The odd thing about this is, I don't actually need to re-uncheck the boxes in the options dialog every time.  When I bring up the Program Options, they're already cleared out; I just need to summon the dialog and click Save, and they dutifully go back into hiding.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: RC 6.5 - Two minor annoyances
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:18:09 AM »
Thank you for the bug report, will have them fixed for the next build.
The IceChat God

PCachu

Re: RC 7.2 - Down to one minor annoyance
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 08:40:14 PM »
So, good news/bad news:  As of RC 7.2, the menu bar starts up hidden.  Unfortunately, I still need to bring up the Program Options dialog and click Save to make the color and emoticon picker go away after the program starts.

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: RC 6.5 - Two minor annoyances
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »
Yes, I have found this bug already, and fixed it for next release.

Thanks
The IceChat God