Author Topic: Query when getting highlighted  (Read 3769 times)

Flaxe

Query when getting highlighted
« on: April 01, 2013, 05:35:29 AM »
Hi and thanks for an awesome IRC client!

I used NBS-irc before and now when I've been using IceChat I have discovered a feature that I miss.

When using NBS-irc and someone highlights you in a channel chat (ex. writing your name) you will receive a query displaying time & date, what username highlighted you, the message he wrote, and in what channel.

This is a nice feature because if you're AFK and someone highlights you in a popular channel and when you come back you can't find the highlight because of all the other messages. To have a separate query window showing all highlights someone did to you it will make it a lot easier to read the messages and reply to them.

I took a screenshot to show how it looks like. Screenshot

Best regards,
Flaxe

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
Re: Query when getting highlighted
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »
I am assumging that nbs-irc is just a script for mirc.
So this is a scripted 'feature. This would not be part of an actual irc client.

The higlighter plugin in IceChat does allow you to use a 'command' when a highlight occurs. You could make a command that opens a query window and writes a message, and it would in essence do the exact same thing.

A command you could use to add a message to a @query window, would be like:

/aline @query $nick highlighted me in $chan ( $message )
The IceChat God

Flaxe

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »
I am assumging that nbs-irc is just a script for mirc.
So this is a scripted 'feature. This would not be part of an actual irc client.

The higlighter plugin in IceChat does allow you to use a 'command' when a highlight occurs. You could make a command that opens a query window and writes a message, and it would in essence do the exact same thing.

A command you could use to add a message to a @query window, would be like:

/aline @query $nick highlighted me in $chan ( $message )
You need mIRC installed to use it, but you launch nbs-irc as an own program. Maybe it's called a script as you say :)

Okay, as long as it's possible to solve it in some way I would be happy because in my opinion it makes it much easier to see if people are highlighting you :)
I did try the command you posted and it's working great! :) Thank you.

Edit: The only strange thing I found is that: in the @query channel it creates, the background is all white and the text is black, where in all other channels the background is black and the text is white.
I looked through the Color settings but can't find anything to change that makes it different.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:45:24 AM by Flaxe »

Snerf

• Administrator
    • IceChat IRC Client
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »
The colors aren't customizable, as it is not a channel or a query , it is just a @window.
No settings currently for it.
Future builds will have @window color settings added.
But, it works for what it is.

And yes then nbs is just a script, mirc is the program.
The IceChat God

Flaxe

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:32:25 PM »
The colors aren't customizable, as it is not a channel or a query , it is just a @window.
No settings currently for it.
Future builds will have @window color settings added.
But, it works for what it is.

And yes then nbs is just a script, mirc is the program.
Ok, I see :) I have no problem as it is right now with the colors, just wondered because it would be nice if it all was the same, but I can just wait until a future build that includes these settings.
Thanks!